This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry client tries to get Hubs fired

This is a sighting from Hubby's company.

Client is a big national security company that contracts out to local firms like Hubby's.
    The other day, Client called Hubs and was foaming at the mouth.

Client: "We are supposed to have guard coverage at [site] and the guard isn't there! There's a bunch of guys who need to work but [site] needs security there before they can work. Where is your guard?"
    Hubs: "Okay, let me see who is scheduled to be at [site] and contact them and see what is up."
    Client: "This is unacceptable! Where are they?"
    Hubs: "I will call them right away."
    Client: "What about you? Can you cover the site?"
    Hubs: "I'm an hour and a half away. It will be a lot faster if I call the guard."
    Client: "The guys at [site] can't work until a guard shows up and this is unacceptable!"
    *repeat circular conversation for a bit*
    Hubs: "I just need to call the guard and find out what is going on."
    Client: "Fine, I'll hang up but I'm calling back in five minutes!" *click*

So after Client finally got off the phone, Hubs called the guard. Guard had gotten stuck in an epic traffic mess that had snarled the entire area, but he was en route and about 15 minutes from the site.

So Hubs waited for Client to call back. And waited. And waited.

After a bit, he got a call from Office Manager.

OM: "Yeah, Client just called Sales and said that you told him you weren't doing anything about a site that's missing a guard."
    Hubs: *mental screeching of brakes* "Um, that's not what I said!" *explains situation and that Guard is now 10 minutes away*
    OM: "Okay well...can you call the guard and find out exactly where he is?"
    Hubs: *grumpy because he just told OM where the guard was."

So Hubs called the guard back and verifies that yes, Guard was now 10 minutes away. He called OM back and relayed this information.

Turns out that instead of waiting five minutes and calling Hubs back, Client had called Sales Manager and left an irate voicemail, and then called the CEO and told them that Hubs was refusing to send a guard to their site!

Apparently the CEO was livid after getting the call and drove all the way to the office specifically to fire Hubs, but he left 15 minutes before CEO got there.

Hubs ended up with a write-up. He signed it with protest with a comment saying, "I should not be responsible for when a client lies to the company."

If he gets another write-up, he'll face demotion. All because some client got their panties in a knot over a guard who was late to a site and decided to throw Hubs under the bus for it.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

This didn't have the ending I'd hoped for. It sucks that your husband seems to have a CEO who believes everything the clients say, even when they're lying through their teeth, rather than put his faith in his employees. It's just not right. I'm angry that CEO wasted little time in deciding to fire your husband. I'm glad it didn't go as far as that in the end but a write-up is still really horrible, especially when you've done nothing wrong. Are the calls recorded? Something needs to be done! I hope your husband fights to have the warning removed.

Comment

Sue the client for deflimation of character and nail the xompany as well

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
        Sue the client for deflimation of character and nail the xompany as well
        Oooh karma

Comment

I would certainly fight this baseless complaint, and let the CEO know what I think about this situation.

And I would refuse to work for that client ever again!

Comment

Time to implement call recording protocols.

"This call may be recorded for training purposes (and to cover our employees' asses when butt nugget clients try to lie their way to free services)".
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              "This call may be recorded for training purposes (and to cover our employees' asses when butt nugget clients try to lie their way to free services)".
              OK, I give up, where's the LIKE button?
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X