X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One step forward...

Meh, don't mind me, just need to vent.

So, for once i'm not broke, there's a miracle. Heck, things are finally straightening up, just about to settle the last of the IRS, riding a scooter that doesn't require insurance or any of that. I do make payments on the scooter, but just $125, which isn't bad. Oh, and it gets 80MPG.

So, with my debt load going down, it was time for a two year plan of fixing m'self up. After years of neglect, it was time to fix things, dental and vision this year, mental and general next year. Thanks to my were's job, i have insurance, unfortunately it has some serious holes. I need three teeth replaced, and one repaired or replaced, but insurance will only cover what they pay to remove, and only the minimum, so i'm looking at $1K at least to replace it, up to $12K. Yeah, that's a problem. Not sure what we're doing on that.

On top of that, i wound up taking my were to the hospital a few weeks ago as his heart had felt funny. Monday we got results from the last of the tests, looks like he's got a heart valve problem and will have to go for surgery. The insurance will leave us on the hook for at least $1K of that. We could do that out of savings, it'd wipe it out, but it'd do it. But, considering that my sprained ankle came with a $35 unexpected bill a few weeks later, i suspect that when the other shoe drops, its going to be rather sizable.

Joy, guess we're not replacing the car this year, and i'll have to scale back on what i take care of for m'self.

Meh
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery
Working...
X