This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's a waste of a perfectly good Z28

Saw a bright yellow Camaro Z28 for sale on the way to work today. Someone tried to make it look like Bumblebee from the first live action transformers movie....by putting an autobots sticker in the window and then spray painting on black lines where the panels would separate to transform.

FREEHAND spray paint from a rattle can. It was obvious from UP THE STREET that it was crappy job. And the lines were horribly out of scale (they weren't even visible in the movie). It looked AWFUL.

Nice job lowering the value of the car, idiot......
    Last edited by Dave1982; 06-25-2015, 12:12 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

My understanding is that the Z28 option was offered only on the "old" (before it was discontinued and later resurrected) Camaro, while Bumblebee was a "new" (after the nameplate was resurrected) Camaro. IOW, a Z28 would have MAJOR differences from Bumblebee.

Z28 wouldn't be a title Chevy would want to apply to the "new" Camaro. In the last couple years of "old" Camaro production, Chevy introduced a lot of "Zxx" designations, with xx being the displacement (I guess they wanted to capture the "feel" of a famous name they were discontinuing). For example, Z22 and Z24 were Cavaliers (2.2 and 2.4 litre engines), while a pickup was the Z71 (7.1 litre engine). With the new use of the "Zxx" designation, "Z28" would imply a 2.8 litre engine, which is a displacement that does NOT belong in a Camaro.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In the first movie bumble bee was an old model camero before getting blinged out in the newer look. Looked like a 70's model though from what I recall. Before the iroc body certainly.
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Yeah this was an "old" Camaro from before the relaunch. And yeah, I forgot to mention that it wasn't even the right model to be bumblebee in the first place!
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
        X