This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretend there's a keg in the parking lot

Two tales of people being in the clearance swamp when they shouldn't.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We close at 9 pm. This has been the case for several years, and yet people haven't figured this out yet. Lots of people still in the store shopping at quarter to 9 last night, and I'm told about ten people came streaming through the doors as the Cheerful Clearance Swamp Lady was announcing we close in 15 minutes.

But they are not the subject of this post. That would be the guy in the dinnerware aisle, using his phone to take pictures of the various dinnerware sets we carry, sending them to some third party, and also talking to this person on the phone. He's overheard commenting "I don't like these dishes because the color isn't consistent," whatever the hell that means, to me a dish is a thing to hold food and I don't really care what it looks like.

Fifteen minutes later, the Cheerful Clearance Swamp lady announces we're closed, the lights get cut, it's GTFO o'clock. Dish Guy is nowhere to be seen. Closing manager pages the closing salesfloor guy to ask him about dish guy's whereabouts. "Oh, he's still here, and he's still on his phone."

Fifteen minutes after closing, Dish Guy finally appears at the registers. He wants to use a coupon he did not actually bring with him, but he took a picture of it with his phone so can't we just scan that through? No, it's not an official clearance swamp internet coupon, and last I checked those weren't a thing. He did end buying some dinnerware sets, judging from the fact I had to restock them today, but he held up all the closers for over half an hour, and we can't really afford the extra payroll expense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to today. Our opening garden center guy works like an ox, but isn't quite as smart as one. He comes in at 7 this morning to start his shift and heads out the pharmacy entrance to the garden center.

Without being accompanied by somebody to lock the door behind him, and we don't open for another 2 hours. So anybody can just come traipsing right in.

And somebody does, just before 8. He tugs on the main entrance doors, finding them locked and missing the large sign on the door saying we open at 9 on Sundays. Undaunted, he goes to the pharmacy door and to his stupefied wonder, finds them wide open.

Somehow, he manages to avoid detection long enough to select some items, but then is discovered by the pricing lady setting the weekly ad. She asks the guy how he got in. He says the pharmacy door was open, but "I found it funny half the lights were off and there was nobody around."

He asks if he get his stuff checked out. Pricing lady says no, but we'll be happy to hold his stuff and he can purchase it when we open. So he snarls "Fine, I;ll just go to Walmart!" and stomps off.

Good call! That's your first good decision today, and it likely will be your last.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

You've got some mighty brilliant customers there.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
      You've got some mighty brilliant customers there.
      Par for the course lol.

Comment

Working...
      X