This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain's dimmest bargirl contender.

Today,I ordered a G&T. The bar girl had to be told how to make it....

It's hardly in the world's most obscure cocktails-the name is self explanatory.

Get gin.Add tonic.Ask if want ice and slice.Add....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

She might not have been clear on the proportions. I know I wouldn't be.

Of course, I would not be working as a bartender, since I don't drink, don't care to be around people who've had too much to drink, and have no knowledge of making the "standard" drinks.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Proportions shouldn't be a problem. Generally, for any drink whose name is "$spirit and $mixer" (e.g. "gin and tonic", "scotch and soda", "Crown Royal and Royal Crown", "Pyrat Cask 1645 and whatever off-brand cola the dollar store had in stock"), you put a 1 ounce shot in an 8 ounce tumbler, add ice, and fill with the mixer.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

One of our local bars changed from a fairly quiet mexican place to a ZOMG TWO DRINKS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!! college / sports type mexican bar. One of the first things they did was exchange the nice competent bartenders for girls with more uhm assets. We went in and asked for margaritas, rocks & salt (just unblended margaritas, tequila and margarita mix, salt on the rim - incredibly common here). She told us "uh we dont do those..." The one remaining competent bartender elbowed her out of the way and served us while rolling her eyes.

Comment

These days they will just let anyone behind a bar unfortunately!

It was a Gin & Tonic, not a Bloody Mary so it should have been simple enough - but considering she was such a dingbat she would not have got the amount of gin or tonic right, and you probably would have got a strawberry and mini umbrella for a garnish instead of a wedge of lime

Comment

In the UK the appropriate response would be "Single or double", one or two measures of gin with the tonic.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Aye, that sounds like something that would have been covered on the first day of her training.
              "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

Quoth Mad-Bassist View Post
                Aye, that sounds like something that would have been covered on the first day of her training.
                What training?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

LOL! Throw 'er to the wolves!
                  "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

I was just talking to a former CW who got hired at a local restaurant. She said they tried to start her behind the bar. She has no experience in a restaurant or bar, and she basically had to talk them out of it. On the positive, she was almost immediately bumped up to hostess, and she loves it.

Also, I think a gin and tonic is on the list of "Top 10 Easiest Drinks," as even I can do it. I don't like it, but I can make it.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

"Britain's Dimmest Bargirl"

This sounds like it could be the name of a reality show.
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

A UK version of Bar Rescue. Seriously there have been episodes where that one in the OP would fit right in.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It might have been her first day. I hope it was her first day... lol.

Comment

I had a bartender that couldn't make a Vodka Cranberry to save her life, but made a mean Long Island. I've yet to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X