Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two minutes of your time...is that too much to ask?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two minutes of your time...is that too much to ask?

My husband began selling insurance in January. He recently sold a Medicare Supplement plan to a client. The policy has been written, approved, and the customer has made a payment for it. For the last two weeks, he's been trying to get a meeting with the person to have him sign one last piece of paper in order for my husband to get his commission. Every time the hubs calls, the wife answers and says he works from 7 am to 7 pm hanging drywall and that when he comes home he just wants a meal, a shower, and bed. Well, that's all well and fine. Hubs has told her to have him call and hubs will meet him where ever he's working and he just needs 2 minutes for a signature. This evening when he called and wifey answers she tells hubs, "He's sleeping. And, besides he's not in any hurry to have the policy in hand, so he'll sign it when he's good and ready." C'mon! The man can't spare 2 minutes to sign a piece of paper? Jesus! In the mean time we are without the commission. We hate having to rely on people doing the right thing just to get the income we are due.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

I would come right out and tell her that I needed his signature in order to be paid. They obviously have no idea why this is such a big deal.
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
      I would come right out and tell her that I needed his signature in order to be paid. They obviously have no idea why this is such a big deal.
      I told the hubs that is what he should have said. He says that on Monday he's gonna ask his boss if there's any thing the company can do to help get that paperwork signed. If there isn't any recourse re: company policy, I will tell hubs he NEEDS to tell her or him that the hubs isn't getting paid until the paper is signed. Some times the hubs is too polite for his own good. *sigh*
      "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
      "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Another way...

Tell the wife that the paperwork is not complete, and there's a deadline for completion, or the policy gets automatically cancelled. Does Hubby want to lose his policy that he's already made a payment on? No? Well wake him up now this instant.

Comment

Too late

This person could wait until it is too late, if they don't sign there could be an accident while he is working and next thing you know he is in the hospital with no health insurance.

Bet he will start screaming once he gets the bills, yet somehow the fact he was too lazy to sign will not be his own fault.

Comment

Sounds like a case of buyer's remorse.

I would tell them coverage won't be in place until all the paperwork is signed. Or something like that.
            I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Working...
            X