Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either A. can't afford to go to the doc and have it removed (still stupid...you can apply for medicaid online and get a print-out card right then and there, though not everyone knows that) or B. too cheap. Either way these are bumbling idiots and should have had CPS called on 'em.\

PS: I didn't know removing a cast smells bad. Never had a broken bone, but it does make sense that it would stink. Human body parts you can't wash do tend to ripen a bit.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-21-2015, 02:26 PM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Way back when we were first married (husband in the AF and we lived in England at the time) my husband injured his knee while on TDY at a base north of where we lived. And for some reason the drs decided to put a cast on it. He did end up cutting it off (at home) but I don't remember what he used. But it was beet red underneath. He was allergic to something in the plaster.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        PS: I didn't know removing a cast smells bad. Never had a broken bone, but it does make sense that it would stink. Human body parts you can't wash do tend to ripen a bit.
        "A bit" isn't the half of it For a broken arm, the average time to wear a cast is 4-6 weeks. That's 4-6 weeks with a poorly insulated sweat sack to marinate all your arm juices, and you obviously can't wash it, because you can't get the cast wet. Taking off a cast is like unleashing the end of the world on your sense of smell.

Never heard back from these idiots after they left, but we documented everything that they did (including several guest statements, in case they try to blame the hotel for the cuts they inflicted on their daughter). And our kitchen now has a nice, big sign in the back: "NO, THE GUESTS CAN NOT HAVE A FRIGGING KNIFE!!!"

You shouldn't have to tell people these things...
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          You shouldn't have to tell people these things...
          True, but you forget where we are...

Comment

That poor kid. I've never had a cast *knocks on wood* but it does make sense that having it removed would stink. I had foot surgery and wasn't able to get the incisions wet for 6 weeks. Even though I used a washcloth and soap around the incisions, I was still starting to smell rather ripe after a while.

Comment

Working...
            X