This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really?!

So I'm at the grocery store picking up ice cream. I walk with a cane, and it's pretty obvious.

I approach the only open check out and put my ice cream down on the end of the conveyer belt.

A guy mid 20's goes around me and puts his beer down so that he's next in line.

I look at him and loudly say "REALLY?!"

He looks at me and points to his beer, as if that makes up for it!

I swear if my bf didn't work there I'd have taken his beers and chucked them behind me.

Mayhaps he'd already consumed a fair amount of adult beverages which would account for his rudeness. What a jerk. I'd be sorely tempted to whack him with that cane.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Yes, your room-temperature beer is going to go bad faster than my frozen ice cream...

Comment

The cashier should have said something.
        Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

The cashier was busy with the guy ahead of me, or the one in front of the line cutter.
          She didn't notice.

Comment

A stern "Get your ass behind me you rude line-cutter" would have been forthcoming if he'd done it to me. And I suddenly would have needed my cane all the more, and made a loud comment about his disrespect of disabled veterans.

I'm a mother, so I can pour the shaming on nice and thick.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              A stern "Get your ass behind me you rude line-cutter" would have been forthcoming if he'd done it to me. And I suddenly would have needed my cane all the more, and made a loud comment about his disrespect of disabled veterans.

This totally. Say something very loud like "Why are you jumping in front of me in line, sir? I HAVE A CANE! WHY DO YOU HATE THE HANDICAPPED!?"

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

'Mom-voice' is a wonderful thing It can make people shape up or ship out in a hell of hurry. I've actually used it on callers when they are going off the rails with really stupid demands, and it shuts them up long enough to actually listen to what I am telling them.

Comment

I'm not even a mom and I can do the mom voice to teens. I'm old enough to have a kid in college.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                    'Mom-voice' is a wonderful thing
                    I always tell this story, I think it's so funny.

Was the warehouse store with my mom. We were down and aisle, a few yards away from another lady. She suddenly says "Step Back" in a total mom voice. I stepped back. Yeah, she was talking to her pre-teen daughter who I couldn't see, who was in the way of another person. I was 24 at the time.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                    X