This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more Twilight ZONE story

I swear there must be something in the water lately.

It kind of dovetails into this post I made recently
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=111457

Sometimes the internet is ALSO the bane of my job exsistence

We get an internet order at the tail end a busy spell.

Legit address and everything.

I dispatch myself and head out. I arrive at the building and determine it is another kind of quirky building. The lower floor is completely dark and the second floor has lights on. The door for the 2d floor is on the side of the building with a porch light on. The ticket does not indicate upper or lower so with the 2d floor lights I ring the bell for the 2d floor. No answer. I call the number on the ticket and it immediately pops into this message "The number you are calling is no longer in service. Thanks and please try again.

I tentatively knock on the lower door but get no answer either.

Call the store to let them know the situation and head back. The MOD attempts to call the number and gets the same message. They cancel the order.

45 minutes AFTER the order is due guess who calls wondering where their order is.

For some strange reason they decided to use a phone number that had been out of service for months

STRIKE ONE

AND they had moved a bit back to a different address BUT they were "partying" at another completely different address.

STRIKE TWO

They even give the correct working phone number AND it turns out to be associated with the "party address".

STRIKE THREE

First you use a dead phone number AND a wrong address AND you have a working number with the correct information and you wonder why you did NOT get your stuff.

Order gets remade (no they were NOT given a discount or free shit). In the meantime a 2d bigger order ($63) comes in for "party address". Great I am going to have to deliver, all told, about $100 worth of food to party address.

and yes I got stiffed on both orders.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 07-22-2015, 06:34 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I'm still reeling a little from the stupidity of that one. Bad phone number OR wrong address, I can kind of forgive as what a math teacher of mine once called "a duh attack." But both? At least they didn't get free stuff--that would have amounted to a reward for being dumb.

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    In the meantime a 2d bigger order ($63) comes in for "party address". Great I am going to have to deliver, all told, about $100 worth of food to party address.

and yes I got stiffed on both orders.
    Party orders were always hit-or-miss for me during my pizza delivery days. I rarely got stiffed. Tips were usually tiny (about $1) because everybody pitching in only wants to contribute their "fair share" or huge because multiple people decide to tip while thinking that no one else had the same idea.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Working...
    X