This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesson learned the hardway

Falling off a bike [was being stupid by pulling the front brake while going down a hill but its my only way to slow and stop] and getting the wind knocked out of you really hurts. Yes I am ok was down for a minute or two to try and get my breath and yell for help but I'm doing better, just a bit of soreness and possibly bruising. Will take it easy and watch myself carefully until I'm fully better.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

I did something similar when I was seventeen I had recently got a new to me bike and my old one had been clapped out the brakes on it didn't work well so I had to pull on them quite hard.

So I'm riding down a hill and I pull on the brakes, instant stop but momentum meant I didn't and I hit the tarmac face first. I broke my front two teeth and had a bit of bruising. The teeth I had broken the corners off and they were repaired after two weeks because we had to wait for the swelling to go down first, which meant for a fortnight I had a lisp which my sister found hilarious
    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Ouch! Fell off a bike and chipped my front teeth but never repaired them
      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

A couple months ago, I did a drop-and-hook delivery. Since both loaded and empty trailers at this customer are kept in the same lot, I had to go around the back to check that the trailer I was about to hook up to was empty, rather than having a load that another of our drivers had delivered.

There were concrete wheel stop "logs" in the parking spaces, and somebody had hit the one behind this trailer HARD, breaking it. I was looking at the back of the trailer, and not at my feet. Turns out there was a 2 foot piece of rebar sticking out of the broken wheel stop virtually horizontally - and I nailed it end-on with my left shin.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Buddy of mine wound up spending a week in the hospital after one of his brothers decided to play a trick on him. They switched the brake cables on his bike. Normally the front brakes are on the left handlebar, rear on the right. Swap them on a downhill mountain biker and you get to see someone look like superman. For a total of like four seconds, lol. That's about how long he was in the air before he hit the ground chest first, then started tumbling. I didn't get to see most of the tumble, as that's about when I ran over his bike while trying to stop and took my own little spill. He hit a tree back first, bruising vertebrae, getting a concussion and whiplash. Very little road rash, only a small spot on his chin and another on his nose. Bruising, now that was another story. The swelling on his chest and back were bad enough that the doctors had to drain some of the bruises.

Comment

I had my share of bicycle accidents in my youth.

Went off the curb in the neighborhood and got bounced off my bike and banged my knee.

Brakes didn't work well enough on a downhill slope and went sliding down toward a ravine. Didn't go in it, but scraped a good chunk of my leg on the way down.

And went off a fishing bridge around a lake, caught in a tree, and pitched headfirst into a stream. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet, it would've killed me. As it was, I came within an inch of separating my shoulder.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X