X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've prolly done it

Customer sends in deposit or hands over deposit:

ME: Is there a preference on how you receive your cash back?
    SC: No. Hundreds please.

SC: No. Nothing larger than 20's.

ME: *blink blink*

That is clearly a preference. Tons of people do this. If you heard it day in and day out like I do, you would notice you do it.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
    SC: No. Hundreds please.
    So that is the jerk that keeps buying 10 cent items with hundred dollar bills, and you let them escape!
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

He hit my store the other night trying to break a $100 for a pack of smokes. Thanks, IA! On a serious note, these kinds of answers must make you want to have your response be "Excuse me for a moment. There's a wall that my head urgently needs to meet with."
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I greet people in my store with, "What brings you in today?" and get plenty of non-answers, including:

"Good, and you?"
        "No thanks."
        "What?"

I swear, people don't hear anything that doesn't serve their immediate purpose anymore.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

I'm probably guilty of something similar when at grocery stores. Usually the cashier says something while I'm still loading groceries onto the belt. Then I tend to reply "I'm good, thanks." When the person may have asked if I found everything okay. I normally do pay attention, but it's just a neck-jerk reaction.

People do it to me at work, I barely notice it anymore.

Me: Do you have anything else to measure?
          Them: Yes, that's all.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
          X