This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lolwut???

had a few winners this weekend. can only think of 2 at the moment, but if i can remember any others, i'll add em.

first of all... lolwut number one. had a guest with a distinctly Vietnamese last name (this is important later...). checked him in Friday night, everything seemed normal. no problems. saw him once or twice more in the store since then... everything seemed normal... and then this evening while checking the work email address, i found a real bomb of an email. apparently at some point in the morning he had come to rent one of the bikes, and wanted one of the 4 wheeled bikes (we only have 4 of them). they were all rented, but sometimes the kids will lock them back on the line while they still have half an hour left and go jump on the pillow or use the restroom or buy a candy bar or whatever.. but they haven't turned the key back in.

so anyway... guy sees a single 4 wheeler on the line, wants to rent it, we have none due back for at least a half an hour and no keys in the cabinet, so morning co-worker explains this. guy wants to reserve a bike or go on a waiting list, which we don't do. they are STRICTLY first come first serve. period. end of statement. he's not real happy about this, but eventually goes away. key for said bike finally comes in, and guy isn't standing right there waiting for it, so someone else snapped it up really quick. first guy walks in wanting to rent it just as they finish renting it to the other guy.... so first guy gets his knickers in a knot over this and sends nasty e-mail saying that he was ignored (mind you the office was SLAMMED all morning long... 2-3 registers in operation at all times with a line almost out the door from 8am till early afternoon), complaining that there wasn't a waiting list or reservation system for the bikes, then he said we were DISCRIMINATING against him because we rented the bike to the other guy, and then lays a guilt trip saying he promised his kid he would rent her a bike, but now it's not gonna happen because they had an appointment to go to in the afternoon and by the time they got back the rentals would be done for the day.

srsly? you wanna play the race card? AND lay a guilt trip? just because you didn't get your way over a 7 dollar bike rental? yeah. ok. changed his e-mail in the reservation so he won't be getting an exit survey.

lolwut number two is super short, but also involves bikes. we stop renting bikes at 7:30. they sit low to the ground and don't have reflectors on them, so we stop rentals early so there aren't any out and about when dusk is falling. we don't want any kids getting run over. we close at 10pm on friday and saturday. tonight at 9:57 two teens walked in and asked if the bikes were still open.

i had to fight to not say "REALLY? "

Just don't change the email to anything accurately descriptive...

I understand turdblossom @ xxxx . xxx may get a famous political consultant...
    Last edited by dalesys; 08-02-2015, 01:48 PM.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

naw. i'm never brave enough to change the email that drastically. i always just change a letter or a number here and there to make it look like someone misheard or mistyped the email address

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
        lolwut number two is super short, but also involves bikes. we stop renting bikes at 7:30. they sit low to the ground and don't have reflectors on them, so we stop rentals early so there aren't any out and about when dusk is falling. we don't want any kids getting run over. we close at 10pm on friday and saturday. tonight at 9:57 two teens walked in and asked if the bikes were still open.

i had to fight to not say "REALLY? "
        just when i think i've seen it all........ had a kid KNOCK ON THE DOOR at 10:30... 30 minutes after we closed... while i was busy counting money and my co-worker was busy cleaning the coffee station... and ask if it was too late to rent a bike. this time i couldn't quite keep the sarcasm off my face and out of my voice when i said "we're closed"

and while i'm on the subject of bikes. IS IT SO D*** HARD TO HOOK A BIKE LABELED "B" BACK TO THE CHAIN LABELED "B"?????? *sigh*

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
          and while i'm on the subject of bikes. IS IT SO D*** HARD TO HOOK A BIKE LABELED "B" BACK TO THE CHAIN LABELED "B"?????? *sigh*
          You expect them to read?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X