This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s not sweet enough…

A tale from my McDonalds days (approx. 15 years ago), and the McDonalds I was working at, at the time, had a McCafe.

This couple come in, and order an iced chocolate. So I made a textbook iced chocolate. They both put a straw in and said it is not sweet enough. I put another shot of chocolate syrup, and again, they both tasted it, and said it was not sweet enough. This happened another 3 times (and by this time, they have had about a third of the iced chocolate)

I then got about a tablespoon of hot water from the coffee machine and put it in a small cup, and then put a sachet of sugar in it, stirred it well so the sugar was dissolved, then stirred it into the iced chocolate. They both put their straws in and said it was not sweet enough. Went through this another 2 times, and the same thing “It’s not sweet enough”.

Despite this, they both stuck their straws in and drank the iced chocolate until they finished it, and were slurping to get every last drop. They then pushed the empty cup at me and again said it was not sweet enough and walked off without paying.

Considering the way I was treated by some of the managers at this particular store, I really did not care enough to chase them down the street demanding that they pay!

Well, there's a scam I never heard of before...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Eurk, so much sugar, why bother with the milk/water/chocolate? If they keep this up, they'll looking at the wrong end of an insulin needle in the future.
      It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

I think they already had diabetes. When you have excess sugar in your system, you lose the ability to gauge sweetness. They didn't need sugar dissolved in water; they needed metformin dissolved in water!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I think they already had diabetes. When you have excess sugar in your system, you lose the ability to gauge sweetness. They didn't need sugar dissolved in water; they needed metformin dissolved in water!
          Well, what about a spoonful of Advantame?

According to this list, advantame is 20,000 times sweeter than sugar. Maybe offer to put that into their chocolate if it's not sweet enough?
          Last edited by cindybubbles; 08-14-2015, 11:15 PM.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
          X