This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurant workers, a question

When someone orders a drink and asks for "half ice" do you half the amount of ice in the drink or fill the glass with ice thinking they want half the drink to be ice?

Quoth Akasa View Post
    When someone orders a drink and asks for "half ice" do you half the amount of ice in the drink or fill the glass with ice thinking they want half the drink to be ice?
    I would think it would mean half the normal amount of ice. In my case, I usually ask for less ice.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'd ask the customer which meaning he/she intended, just to be SURE I was doing what they'd SAID. That way, if it turns out to be not what they WANT, not my fault.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

The last couple times I asked for half ice it was a full glass of ice, then liquid.
        I even specified the second time, half the normal amount of ice.

Comment

Seanette is correct: when in doubt, ask the customer what exactly they mean.

If as a customer, you specify that you want half the amount of ice and they still fill the glass with ice, they are not doing their job well.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            I'd ask the customer which meaning he/she intended, just to be SURE I was doing what they'd SAID. That way, if it turns out to be not what they WANT, not my fault.
            You don't know the customers we talk about here very well, do you?

It doesn't matter what they say, it's always your fault for not reading their mind and anticipating exactly what they want, even when they don't know themselves.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

It doesn't matter what they say, it's always your fault for not reading their mind and anticipating exactly what they want, even when they don't know themselves.
              I've never waited tables, and do have difficulty turning off enough neurons to understand the mind of the SC. I bow to your greater experience.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

This sums up my entire experience with fast food, up to and including asking what size drink and being completely refused any answer at all and earning the ire of the sucktomer who didn't want to pay for a large.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X