This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandarin (chicken) sauce recipe?

I know that there are probably as many versions of this sauce as there are "Chinese" restaurants in the US -- Everything from something resembling roast beef gravy to a sticky, thick, blood-red sauce that is pretty much "BBQ sauce" as Chinese-food dives interpret it.

My brother and I have been wondering about a specific type. We're trying to find a recipe for a thick, "brown gravy" type (several places in New Orleans serve this style), likely roux-based, but with a lighter flavor, possibly including peanut. A smooth sauce, with no veggies or other detritus mucking up the works. Invariably served with chicken.

Does anyone know of recipes to try, especially if you have one that you make yourself?

pic from a place that carries it below
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-16-2015, 11:58 PM. Reason: added pic
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

I found this page that looks like it might have some possibilities of being at least close to what you're looking for. Though I'm a little confused at the "Almond Boneless Chicken". There's no almond listed in the ingredients...
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
    X