Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I debated telling you guys about this...(medical trouble, prayers needed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RP, glad to hear you are recovering well.

For me, things did not go as planned. I have "unusual anatomy"! It has been painful, but we are on the right road now. And when put into perspective, this is a cakewalk compared to what Mytical has gone through. See Mytical, you are inspiring!

I'll share all the details when I am home and have the strength (and better keyboard )to type it up. And yes,I am still in the hospital.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

So glad you're doing well. Prayers sent your way!

Comment

Thanks, you wonderful folks. *hugs, cookies, and prayers* <3 you all.

csquared, sorry it didn't go smoothly, but glad things have gotten on the right track.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          1) If you have the urge to nap, go nap. Sleep will help you recover faster.

2) Do not be afraid to take your pain meds if you need 'em.

3) The nausea will subside in a few days once the anesthesia is fully out of your system. Until then, try to eat small, lighter meals. Nothing super heavy or spicy. Also, ginger ale works wonders.
          This...so much this. I've had hernia surgery twice. First time was in 1994; second time in 2004.

The first one wasn't too bad. I felt fine when I came home later that day. I had the usual dinner, watched some TV, etc. and that was pretty much it.

Second time...not so much. That one was much more serious, and had me laid up for 2 weeks. I felt like crap when I got up. I thought it was just indigestion, and that it would go away. But then, while driving to work, I kept feeling like I was going to I pulled over at CVS, nearly collapsed on the floor...before driving home, and getting a ride to the hospital. After the operation, the doctors said that it was serious enough...that I could have lost part of my colon. Good thing it was caught in time!

Because this surgery was more serious, I was laid up for 2 weeks. I couldn't sit up, no driving, no lifting anything, etc. Those 2 weeks, I lost a lot of weight, and spent most of the time watching movies. I took it easy, in other words.

2 weeks later, I was told to get in the car, and go for a short drive around the neighborhood. Getting into the car wasn't too bad. Getting out...would sometimes aggravate my uh, "repaired area." Still, at least I could leave the house, and hit the gym. I couldn't go back to my usual routine, so I eased into it gradually. That is, I could still swim, and run on the treadmills. Weights just weren't happening yet. Still, I'd set the machines to the minimum level, and go through the motions anyway. If it hurt, I'd quit, and pop a pain pill.

Like others have said, the biggest mistake I could have made...was trying to do too much too soon. I could have easily damaged things further. Take it easy, take the pain pills...and don't do anything stupid.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

RP, glad to hear you are doing good. I finally got out of bed the other day. Hope to be walking around the ward tonight.

I feel bad for giving you a pep talk and then setting a bad example. Howevr, don't let my experience or any one else's stop you from doing what is best for you. There is always the chance that you will be the exception, and no level of planning will discover it in advance. This week plus of issues is going to be far less of a problem than the unknown, unscheduled interruptions to life that not having the procedure would have lead to.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
            X