This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a job!

Doing the happy dance because I finally got a job! Yay!

I was made redundant at the start of last December when the company I was working at was wound up. Mostly because the boss/owner didn't want to restructure how things worked after a change in the way the training we provided was going to be paid for. (Hope that makes sense without giving too much away.)

I have had really shit luck since then with job applications, including getting to the signing contract point 3 times for it to fall through in the last second. And 2 weeks ago had to start doing work for the dole.

But now I have a job thanks to my sister's best friend who is also my hairdresser. One of her clients was complaining that they can't find the right person to work behind the scenes in the office. So she told them about me and they asked for a CV. I had the interview yesterday and they offered me the job at the end of it.

So know I will be an EA/Admin person. Doing the happy dance!

And double happy yesterday because I went to the local release of The Shepherd's Crown, the last Terry Pratchett book, as a young Tiffany, with frying pan, and won a prize of the first 4 books and a keyring.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Congratulations on the new job.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Congratulations! Always like to hear when someone on these boards lands a good job or gets something else that's good.

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
      I went to the local release of The Shepherd's Crown, the last Terry Pratchett book, as a young Tiffany, with frying pan, and won a prize of the first 4 books and a keyring.
      A clang well done! Awesome!
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I am very happy for you!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X