This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Stop There!

So I'm down at the beach in OBX (not that the weather is very cooperative at the moment) and I decided to pop over to the store to get a snack. I'm staying with my folks at a gated community down here, in a condo we've rented, and I'm at the intersection, waiting to turn left out of the community.

As I come up to the stop sign, there's a woman waiting to turn left coming in. Since she was there first, I gesture for her to go ahead, being polite.

She pulls forward, sloooowly starts to turn..... annnnnd stops. Half-way into the intersection, and blocking my way out. It seems to me that she doesn't know where she's going and made the poor decision to stop and figure out her next move in the middle of an intersection.

By this point, two more cars have showed up. One coming in the same way that Ms. Indecisive had been, and one coming the other direction from me, also waiting to turn out. And Ms. Indecisive is blocking all of us.

Well, not completely. Car #1 (coming in) pulls forward and alongside Ms. Indecisive, and I see them roll down their window. I guess to offer assistance.

But this is still NOT the place to have this conversation-- not in an intersection, and not when there are clearly other people waiting to make their turns.

They sit there for a minute or so, and I admit to getting annoyed by the fact that they're not clearing the intersection. So I tap on the horn.

Car #1 pulls on through and passes Ms. Indecisive and finishes her turn and leaves. Car #2 squeezes past as well, and makes his turn and leaves.

But Ms. Indecisive is still there, not moving, and blocking my way. And still not moving.

Another minute or so goes by with no movement from her. So I lean on the horn a little more. She still doesn't move. I decide to try to squeeze around her to make my turn, but she puts it in reverse and sloooowly backs up, then sloooowly makes a U-turn to leave back the way out of the community.

Fortunately for me, there's a golf club attached to the community that she was able to pull into the parking lot of so she could get out of the way, but it left me quite annoyed.

There's no problem with not knowing where you're going, if you pull out of the way to get your bearings. But you absolutely do NOT stop in the middle of an intersection and block traffic.

Argh.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Aye. that was both stupid, and potentially dangerous on her part.

On another note -- in any other subforum on this site, that title could have meant something completely different
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

^ oh my!
      I've been blocked too so many times. There was the time when I was turning and the guy ahead was turning, so I followed him, and he backed up! Nearly hit my car! Turns out that he was making a 3 point turn aka a U turn righti n the middle of the street!
      Then just last week I was visiting my friend and this huge SUV changes her mind and gets in the left turn lane, but her behind was still half way in my lane! WTH! When my light turned green I was completely blocked! Luckily the guy in the right lane was nice enough to slow so I could pass. I gave her a dirty look as I did, and she looked like she was on drugs (eyes rolling twitching etc.) :\
      Don't get me started on the times I'm blocked by idiots parking in the No Parking area of the street, or blocking the intersection with a Don't Block the Intersection sign right there. Don't they know how to read???
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
        Don't they know how to read???
        They can read, they just don't care, 'cos of course that sign only relates to the unwashed masses, not a super special snowflake like them who is the point around which the whole universe revolves.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

My favorite <sarcasm> was sitting at a stop sign with some van in front of me. Guy doesn't go. Finally I tap my horn. Just then some pedestrian comes walking by and van driver leans out and yells at him asking for directions! Really, in the middle of an intersection? Then the fool starts backing up as the pedestrian kept walking. I'm literally LEANING on my horn and the fool finally stops barely an inch from my front bumper! I was going to get out to yell at him but the pedestrian motions the fool to pull around the corner and to the shoulder so he can give the idiot directions.

Some people...

Comment

Working...
          X