Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry that I didn't have an accident! (sarc)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry that I didn't have an accident! (sarc)

So I was driving home and there was this SUV pressed up behind me real tight. Ugh. Strike one.
    Then the car in front of me slams his brakes, and I had to brake too. The SUV got real offended at this and flashes its brights, blared its horn and swerved around me, causing the car in the next lane to slam their brakes. WTH? Other car honked.
    The light was red so I caught up easily with the SUV and gave her a look. She was laughing and laughing! Completely oblivious to what she did!
    Didn't you see the car in front of me hit the brakes? What a crazy driver.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

We can only hope she was laughing because she was nervous/scared after she pulled that stunt, though I doubt it. Some people should not have driver's licenses!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      She was laughing and laughing! Completely oblivious to what she did!
      Some chemical substances might have been involved, I guess.
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

My money is on her hand's free phone. She's so busy talking to her friend that she couldn't possibly pay attention to what is going on around her. Why should she, she is the queen of the universe, everyone will dodge her or get out of the way.

Comment

I've known some drivers who literally can't seem to see more than a few feet in front of their bumper. They seem surprised if the car ahead of them slows down because they literally do not look ahead at all. They're not distracted, not on drugs, they just don't pay any damn attention.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Some of those clueless drivers are alleged professionals. I was on a freeway (in my car) that is congested at the best of times, and has a lane closed for repairs. Traffic was crawling, the right lane was ending, and I was in the second lane. About a hundred feet back from me in the right lane was a truck trying to change lanes. Since it's virtually impossible to change lanes under these circumstances unless someone lets you in, I held back.

It should be logical that if you see a car with a BIG space in front of it in the next lane, and there's no traffic in front of you in your lane, the driver is holding the space for a reason. The trucker clearly didn't have pointy ears (R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy), and ignored the space. Eventually I gave up and moved forward.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              They seem surprised if the car ahead of them slows down because they literally do not look ahead at all.
              This is one of the first driving lessons Dad taught me when I had my learner's permit: Don't just watch the car in front of you. Also watch the car in front of the car in front of you, and few more ahead of that one if you can.

Now my kid thinks I'm slightly psychic because I can say things like "the car in front of us is about to slam on its brakes" and be right just because I saw the driver of the pickup four vehicles ahead change lanes without looking.
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Working...
              X