This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    From what I could tell, we've sold two 12-packs of Bud Light and a case of Busch in the last two days.
    I assume you mean "two 12-packs of Bud Light and a case of Busch have been taken off the shelf in the last two days". How much of that did the swamp sell, and how much was shoplifted?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Not really privy to that information. It is some distance from where the beer is to the doors. But it would probably not be too hard to grab it and run out the door.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

He'd really hate to see how rough we can be when stocking them then. I remember having to climb over thirty packs to get the ones I needed. Trust me, I wasn't gentle. In, out, done.
        Last edited by Sunshine; 09-20-2015, 01:05 AM. Reason: Learn ta spell

Comment

I've played Beer Tetris with close to 100 cases of beer to get them all to fit in our limited beer cooler so that we could still walk in there and find what we needed. Two things you should know from this. First, I tossed the cases around quite a bit. Nothing broke, and the beer, even though it was warm, still did not get foamy or damaged in any way. Second, I am really fucking good at Tetris.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I've played Beer Tetris with close to 100 cases of beer to get them all to fit in our limited beer cooler so that we could still walk in there and find what we needed. Two things you should know from this. First, I tossed the cases around quite a bit. Nothing broke, and the beer, even though it was warm, still did not get foamy or damaged in any way. Second, I am really fucking good at Tetris.
            Ok, I'm not a beer drinker, but I really want to go into the beer business just so I can produce cses in various odd shapes...
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

To be fair, Beer Tetris is played with standard shaped beer cases, as the player tries to work out a way to fit them all in a small space and still make said space accessible to the staff. Not nearly as easy as I just made it sound.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Is Beer Tetris related to Beer Pong?

Comment

Not even slightly. For one thing, I'm very good at Beer Tetris...

Still A Customer."

Comment

Pffft. Beer cases are all squarish. Try Grocery Tetris. Bonus fun if a round includes eggs and produce and the instruction to get everything in one (not quite large enough) bag without damaging anything.

Going by some pallets I've seen, some of the DC staff has either never played Tetris, failed geometry (some of the orientations of cases on a wrapped pallet were...interesting), or both.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Yes, beer cases ARE all squarish. Which is what makes it more Tetris like!

It was not just a matter of putting away all the cases. My manager has done that before...badly. There was no order, and it was difficult to impossible to walk into the cooler all that far to get anything, let alone figure out where it should be. I took one look at this travesty, and since I'm the one that does the most stocking at work (comes with the territory of working the most day shifts), I said, "Oh, FUCK NO!" So after my shift ended, but before I clocked out (duh), I took a deep breath, and went to work. I pulled the majority of those cases out of the damn cooler, and then put them all back, logically and rationally, and made an overpacked mess of a disaster into a cozy, orderly, logical beer cooler.

Since then my manager has learned to do it a little better....but only a little. Luckily, these days, management makes it clear to the beer delivery guys that it is part of their job to put those cases away, and the bottle beer delivery guys do a pretty good job of this. Unlike their keg delivering colleagues. But that's a clusterfuck story for another day.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yeah at the c-store it was on the beer guys to put their product up. I hated coming in after truck though. They'd pack that stuff in

Comment

Working...
                        X