This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another season comes to an end.

It's hard to believe, but season number four in Alaska is done. And what an awesome season it was too. We had a good group of people this year. A couple of my Floridian coworkers got to see the leaves change colors for the first time. One of them took his first flight and got to play in the snow for the first time. I felt my first earthquake. That was an interesting experience. Of course, our resident Californian just looked bored.

All we have left to do now is clean and destock the train. Once that is done, a bunch of us are taking a road trip to the hot springs which will be a great way to end the season. After that I'll be flying back home. It'll be great to see my husband again.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Quoth Teysa View Post
    Of course, our resident Californian just looked bored.
    That might be me (ex-Californian here). I've lived in Wisconsin for 13 years, so I've seen the foliage. Quakes were a normal part of life before that. I'm so over snow....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'll admit, snow is still kind of a novelty for me. I grew up in Oklahoma and Texas. Neither state is known for its massive amounts of snow. The earthquake wasn't real bad, about 6.2, but it still felt pretty weird to see the whole apartment shaking.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
      X