This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry ...no. No, I won't say it

Our Hellmart had their Christmas trees out a week or so ago.

I quit. This is ridiculous. I can already smell the tinsel.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

You're kidding...I hope.

We're barely halfway through September...Halloween stuff is barely hitting the shelves!

I'm actually kinda surprised there haven't been any ads for Christmas shopping already...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I spent the beginning of the week setting up the Christmas aisle. It looks really nice, though I had to fudge the light POG a bit because the items we got were not the sizes depicted.

I don't think I would mind it too much if people didn't gripe at me about it, as if I personally decided to put Christmas stuff out in September. It's been going on for years, people, get a clue. You're also the same ones who grouse about stores being open on Thanksgiving, while you are shopping in those stores on Thanksgiving!!! (That is one thing I do like about my company; they are closed on Thanksgiving Day, always have been AFAIK, and hopefully always will be.)

As long as they don't start the Christmas tunes until Black Friday, I'm good.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Saw a K-mart commercial advertising lay-a-way with a Santa shopping in the background and yes, Christmas music playing. F'ing Jingle Bells.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

That shit sells as soon as it's put out. Trust me on this. I was pulling Christmas lights and ornaments from the backroom to restock the floor before I left for vacation.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't go in the garden center where we keep our Christmas stuff very much, as I typically clock out and run, but customers have told me it's there. With disbelief and disgust, to be fair. It's also been up for over a month or so in Dollar General, since that's where I stop for milk and things when I don't want to get them at work. So tacky.
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I bought a Christmas candle at Yankee Candle Shop...in August.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                That shit sells as soon as it's put out. Trust me on this. I was pulling Christmas lights and ornaments from the backroom to restock the floor before I left for vacation.
                Don't worry. Everything sells out now, and repeatedly over the next few months, will the "must have or Christmas will be ruined" item for the SCs on Christmas Eve.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I actually enjoy that's it's out now. Let's me buy a bit at a time and have a pretty nice stash come christmas.

Comment

I can understand having layaway out this early. That is a great idea, save up for that Ipod for your kid or you or whatever, without breaking the bank. It's just, is it too much to ask for them to wait until October at least to start this mass Christmas stuff???
                    Last edited by Tama; 09-25-2015, 05:47 PM.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I saw Christmas trees in Sam's Club last week.
                      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X