This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be totally rude?

I'm the entire graphics department. I'm trying to get the salesmen to fill out the forms I need correctly. I had an idea, but I'm afraid it would be completely passive-aggressive or something.

Here's the idea:
    When they fill out the form incorrectly, I'd do the work and fill out the form correctly. Then I'd attach the corrected form and put it in the finished box with a note to see me, while holding onto the work.

When they saw me I'd explain that the corrected form was how I wanted it filled out and that I'd keep doing it this way until they did it right. Then, of course, I'd give them the completed work.

These are two grown men that pout and sulk when they don't get their way. I call them little boys for a very good reason and I've pretty much had it with them. I've talked to them, my boss has talked to them, and she's going to get the big boss to talk to them.

For 90% of their orders, the form requires two checkmarks, and three blanks, one of which is their name. I can't understand why this is too hard, even if it does involve writing a couple things twice.

What would you guys do?
    Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Passive-aggressive won't work. I would put a note on it saying it's incomplete and put it in their "box" and just refuse to give them the work until they submit a correctly filled out form. The reason they haven't filled it out correctly is because you already "broke" and did it for them with a incorrect form. You have to stop accepting or fixing their mistakes.

P.S. You can do the work behind their back so when they do it correctly. You have the work done. That way if they complain, you can point to their incorrectly filled form and play dumb like them. "I don't know what you want, the information is vague and incomplete."
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I doubt they even know how to fill it out correctly.

I get tired of playing games with them. Today one of the them asked me if something was okay, and when I said no, he just attached a BLANK form. Which is why right now I'm seriously wishing I had found an alcoholic beverage I like.

Comment

Quoth Silvercat
        he just attached a BLANK form.
        So send them blank Graphics.

Seriously though, just stick to "Fill in the form correct or nothing gets done." Afterall, they're the ones who need it done, right?
        WWJND - "What Would JAM Not Do?" - Fashion Lad

Comment

I talked to my boss and she said just to refuse to do it unless the form was correctly filled out. I'm expecting hysterics tomorrow.

Comment

Quoth Silvercat
            I talked to my boss and she said just to refuse to do it unless the form was correctly filled out. I'm expecting hysterics tomorrow.
            PLEASE, keep us updated!
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Silvercat
              in all honesty, that's the best way to handle it. At my place of work when things aren't being handled in the right way I used to just clean up and fix the problem. Now, I've come to learn that they won't learn unless I don't do it. Then they may complain, but they'll get the stuff done after I tell them to do it right.
              Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

What's rude about insisting this stuff be done correctly?

Comment

Well, my boss must have gotten through to them, because they both turned in mockups that were more or less filled out right. One of them made a big deal of it, but he's the one I expected shouting from.

Comment

Working...
                  X