Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EricKei -- in all honesty I wish it hadn't been raining, otherwise I'd use what little spray paint I have left to spray something not so nice on Neighbor #1's trash can. The funny thing about our curb-side trash cans is that that are all the same standard, city-issued ugly monsters and sometimes gets mixed up if the trash collectors decide to fling them wherever after they've picked the trash up. I've gotten mine mixed up with my neighbors on the left quite often, it happens but never been a problem -- I'm just hoping that when Neighbor #1 [leaf guy] gets back, he'll realize that he doesn't have that monstrosity any longer -- and that one of his neighbors from across the street has two trash cans instead of the one. That or he'll have to wait a couple of weeks for a new one.

Yes one of us has his, no we're not giving it back until he asks for it, yes we know it's in bad taste to keep it from him but we'll take the bad karma from that. It'll be worth the verbal beating he'll be getting once he realizes that one of us has his trash can, I just hope I'm off when/if that happens.

MoonCat -- I wish I could, especially for Neighbor #2 -- and I'm not the only person who has a strong hunch that they are responsible for a lot of the broken glass on my end of the street. Neighbor #1's idiocy, while a moronic move on it's own and quite possibly could've caused some major damage if it hadn't been caught on time, was at least a mess that could be cleaned up right away, Neighbor #2's on the other hand.....well, the roommate and I are going to have to scour our driveway very good tomorrow before either one of us braves the world beyond our street. We couldn't get all of it earlier with the way the weather had been and the amount of water that was still draining into the storm drain by mid-afternoon, so we're hoping that we don't have to go after Neighbor #2 for two sets of new tires [can you say document, document, document? *evil grin* ].
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

The REAL fun comes when your municipalities sewage treatment plant(s) are so overwhelmed they're releasing untreated effluent into the river, making downstream flooded areas in to toxic cesspools. We had this in '06 and '11 in NYS.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        I'm actually starting to get kind of worried over here. I'm okay here, but okay is relative when your town is under water. Seriously, under water. I have never seen anything like this, and I have seen some crazy shit in my life.
        Good part of this (if you can call it that) is that Joquain didn't make landfall in the Carolinas . . . otherwise North Carolina and South Carolina both would be one giant lake!

I saw news footage of the dunes at Oak Island yesterday morning and they were underwater! My stepmom's parents have a house on the waterway side of Caswell Beach Road (and the waterway has been encroaching on their backyard for decades but I digress) . . . I'm almost afraid to ask her if it's now ocean front.

I'm not in a flood prone area but after the last two weeks of this mess, I'm just grateful my house didn't float down the road. And I'm in the middle of NC.

Stay safe, Kink.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Good part of this (if you can call it that) is that Joquain didn't make landfall in the Carolinas . . . otherwise North Carolina and South Carolina both would be one giant lake!
          We were talking about that at work today, we were lucky that whatever system had been going over top of us had pushed it out to sea. So we didn't get that at least, would've wiped us off the map completely.

Found out a couple of manager's homes were flooded, a few other people still can't get out of their own front door yet because their street is still flooded.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
          X