This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm contributing......

As for to what is debatable, be it positive or to social decline depends on what you think of "let's play" videos on YouTube. But I made one and took the jacksepticeye/markiplyer route and talked a lot.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

I think Let's Plays are great.

Plus it has created job opportunities for those willing to do the work (and yes, it is hard work doing shooting and editing, and the acting/talking), stimulates the economy, and considering what people like Markiplier and other Lets Players are doing for charity (especially that last bit where Mark's hair went pink because Scott Cawthon donated a shit-ton of money)....

I approve!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      (especially that last bit where Mark's hair went pink because Scott Cawthon donated a shit-ton of money)....
      I donated to that one and watched about half of it, but I didn't know Scott Cawthon donated too! That's awesome!

I'm not very good at commentary but anyone who watches me play games says the faces I make are commentary enough. And my voice isn't nearly as sexy as Markiplier's.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
        And my voice isn't nearly as sexy as Markiplier's.
        Don't worry my voice is about as sexy as a yowling dying cat and about the same pitch.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
          I donated to that one and watched about half of it, but I didn't know Scott Cawthon donated too! That's awesome!
          Slightly OT: Scott apparently donated like $30k. At the time Mark made the bet (for anyone who doesn't know, he said during his latest charity livestream that he would dye his hair pink if $100k was raised by a certain time. 6PM PST, if memory serves), the donation total was already at like $70k. So, if GoFundMe hadn't been screwing up, the 100 would've been raised easily. In the end, once GoFundMe sorted its crap out, the final total ended up being somewhere around $200k.

Back OT: Are you thinking of doing a long-term channel? Also, will you go genre-specific or just do all kinds of games?
          Last edited by firecat88; 10-24-2015, 08:44 PM.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
            Back OT: Are you thinking of doing a long-term channel? Also, will you go genre-specific or just do all kinds of games?
            Long-term unless I just don't get viewers, but then I might have fun enough to not care. And a mix of both like, I might play many different games and then there might be some I won't touch mostly due to the fact that everyone and their cat and their cat's squeaky toy has done but that may change too.

Comment

I will never understand the appeal of these videos but my son LOVES them. The problem is I have to listen to some of them first to make sure they're not throwing F-bombs all over the place. He likes a guy named Zack Scott, and I like him for watching his language most of the time.

If you ever do Minecraft or Mario Maker let me know, and I'll point him to your channel. As long as you don't swear too much!
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Just be careful about doing videos for games on Nintendo and (to a lesser extent) Konami, among others. The big N, in particular, has become more and more aggressive with regards to content ID claims -- if they decide to do so, they can simply claim the rights to most or all of the revenue from any videos that include their games (even if it's 100% Fair-Use qualified), which means they control the ads, and they will even *add* advertisements to videos that never had them before.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  If you ever do Minecraft or Mario Maker let me know, and I'll point him to your channel. As long as you don't swear too much!

I might do Minecraft and if I do I will watch my language just for your son otherwise probably best he doesn't see the mario romhack I did. I swear a bit in that. I can't guarantee they will be interesting but maybe I might take a page from StampyLongHead and build a world.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Just be careful about doing videos for games on Nintendo and (to a lesser extent) Konami, among others. The big N, in particular, has become more and more aggressive with regards to content ID claims -- if they decide to do so, they can simply claim the rights to most or all of the revenue from any videos that include their games (even if it's 100% Fair-Use qualified), which means they control the ads, and they will even *add* advertisements to videos that never had them before.
                  So far all I've done is a Super Mario World Romhack called Mario vs Sonic.exe but I will tread carefully.

Comment

Always make sure music is muted in pretty much any game you lay, as thats usually the really big hitter when it comes to copyright claims. Oh, and any nintendo stuff, which to be able to put out without getting struck, makes you jump through some nasty hoops.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Yeah I might stick mostly to romhacks for nintendo but I'll keep that in mind

Comment

WOOO I actually made a second video where I talk less. Plus I answer a question from video 1

Comment

Working...
                        X