This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raudf View Post
    I'm teaching my oldest the basic rules of the road, including don't block private drives or worse, intersections... just as the car in front of us blocks the intersection at the red light. "See, son. Don't do that. Don't be that asshole."
    I was taught in driver's ed that you don't enter an intersection unless you can clear it before the light changes.

Quoth raudf View Post
    I've had ijits honk at me when I follow the laws. Guess what? I ain't moving until it's safe for me to do so, since these are the same ijits who love to fly through intersections well beyond the upper speed limit. And my oldest did hear me once say, "Just suck on your gear shift and wait your turn, ijit."
    I hate that. This is my car, I will drive it as I see fit. You drive yours how you see fit.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    I've had someone pull this on railroad tracks. Uh, there was a reason I didn't pull forward, and that's because I don't want to die. Traffic wasn't moving and these tracks had frequent trains. Not very smart.
    I've had that happen. I don't ever, ever, never pull onto tracks to begin with. Once the timing was perfect. Within seconds after this jackass honking at me to move up, the Rail Runner came through. I knew it was about time for it. I may or may not have made a few gestures out the window...
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I actually had to come to a complete stop a few weeks ago, due to someone pulling too far out to turn onto the road I was on, and blocking the lane i was in! Judging by the appearance, i think it may have been a new driver, but if there are two lanes each way, and the driveway of the shopping center you are exiting literally exits onto the lane, with no wiggle room, you don't pull out, and partially block the right lane, obstructing traffic.

I had to stop, as i couldn't get over into the left lane due to traffic. I stopped, and the car next to me stopped, and as there was no traffic coming in the other direction, thye were able to make their left turn.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        I was taught in driver's ed that you don't enter an intersection unless you can clear it before the light changes.
        This exactly. Never failed I'd get honked at for not pulling into the frequently-gridlocked intersection in CT, but there was no way I was going to get myself stuck in the middle of the intersection and block the side road.

And now here, there are actually large painted lines on the road (boxes with and X in them, or an hourglass-like symbol) that mean you're not supposed to pull across that unless you can get all the way across (there are even signs at most of these intersections explaining this), and I've still seen one or two people just pull into those and stop because they couldn't clear it. Or people in upstate NY blatantly ignoring the plentiful "Do not block side road" signs by blocking the side road right next to them. People are clueless and entitled.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
        X