This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Conversations

Does anyone else have friends they can hold long, detailed conversations with? I have two of them, and wow they make my day sometimes. One of them I haven't known long, and we mostly discuss anime compared to other pop culture, but our best discussion was, strangely, over quantum mechanics (I learned a few things in the process, too!). The other is someone I've known nearly a decade, and our conversations have ranged from the functionality of chainmail bras (all they do is look pretty) to whether Aragorn could actually throw a fully-clad Gimli like he did in the Lord of the Rings movies (inconclusive) to who would win if he and his brothers were fighting for a kingdom's throne (I would win by strategically manipulating their younger sister into the throne), and throw in a few about history and grammar. Some of these conversations go for hours, and they've taken some pretty epic turns.

Anyone else have conversations like these?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

No, but I would like to. Well, to be fair, sometimes my sisters and I can go on for hours about our favorite books, or picking apart what was wrong with some Star Trek episode we saw 20 years ago but there's no one else outside the family I can talk to like that. My co-workers are pretty mainstream.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X