This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you pulled out a bit too far!

Could have been a new driver, as she looked young, and therefor inexperienced, but on the way home from my mom's, 4 lane road, 2 in each direction, speed limit is about 45-50. I'm coming in the right lane, when I see, at a shopping center, this car that pulled out, to turn left, but far enough she was in my lane. I had to come to a complete stop, and couldn't go around as there was traffic whizzing by in the left lane. She looked confused, and like i said, young, so perhaps just got her license and didn't quite know hot to judge.

Finally, someone in the left lane stopped too, and let her turn, but really?

I think you pulled out a bit too far!
    That's what she said.

Comment

This happened to me on a damn 6-LANE HIGHWAY about a week ago. But it wasn't a first-time driver... it was some dipshit pulling out of a place that deals in scrap metal. His crappy pickup truck was almost halfway in my lane.

I hit my horn and swerved - we both ended up at a red light a little ways up and he noticeably did not pull up all the way, likely to avoid my Gaze of Death (tm).

Comment

As someone who was used to a '80 Ford Fairmont, going to a '78 T-Bird.. you don't have to be new to do this. You just have to be used to driving a small(ish) car and then swap up to a bigger one. Admittedly, the Fairmont wasn't all that small, but compared to that land yacht of a T-Bird? TINY. Of course, it only took me once doing that to figure it out. Of course, I was 19.. so young, I guess.

Now, I have no trouble swapping between big vehicles and tiny ones.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          That's what she said.
          You beat me to it. I was about to post that same thing.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I think you pulled out a bit too far!
            Oh, no! Look at the mess you made!
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
              Oh, no! Look at the mess you made!
              Does that mean we don't get to name it?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Does that mean we don't get to name it?
                I don't know, but a lot of people were tied up.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                X