This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone fun

As I have said before we have enough factories/warehouses/manufacturing facilities in my delivery area. A LOT have VERY strict rules about NOT having cell phones on the floor or even in the building.

Got one of those tonight. order due at 10:30pm at a facility that does not allow cell phones inside the building.

Strike one. -- The delivery instructions state USE SIDE DOOR. Not possible HAL 100,000 sq. foot building with multiple doors and two main doors (one office/day staff and one employee).

Strike Two -- The delivery instructions also say CALL WHEN YOU GET THERE. Again possible HAL I know for a fact the local exchange IS a cell phone exchange.

Strike Three ---- I ring the employee entrance buzzer to get someone's attention as there is really no one paying attention to the employee entrance (as in no supervisor or other persons near the employee door and the door is card locked). A few minutes someone wanders by and lets me in.. I explain that I am looking for Ass-wipe who ordered red roof pizza. "OH I am new and I have lost my other crew members but I will see IF I can find Ass-wipe for you."

He leaves and I wait.........and wait ....... and wait until a forklift happens by. The driver notices me standing in the waiting area and asked who I am here for. I tell him Ass-wipe. He drives off to find ASS-wipe.

Ass-wipe finally shows up, pays for his order and I ask him how I was expected to call IF cell phones were NOT allowed in the building. NO ANSWER and he wanders off.

Strike four 14 cent tip on a $40 order.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I hope this place gets the ban-hammer on deliveries from now on...

Comment

I wouldn't expect a delivery person to wait very long, at all. I would consider it reasonable for you to have gone to the door seen no one, called the phone number (no answer), and then left. You really have no incentive to track him down like a bloodhound. Really no incentive, as there was no tip. When we used to order food more often, when the doorbell rang it was like "FOOD!!" and we all stampeded to get the food.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
      X