This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting IDs

FoodLady's thread (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=112883) reminded me of how many photo IDs I am carrying at anyone time.

DL: for driving
    CCP: Concealed Carry Permit for my sidearm
    Military ID: expired but good enough to prove that I served (at non-government places). (nice to get discounts at national parks)
    Wallet Passport ID: I really do not know why I am carrying that one. Good for when I need "Two forms of photo ID" though.
    Nursing Home ID card: also expired. This was issued to everyone working in the nursing home so they could by-pass road blocks in case of disasters (like tornadoes). Because the residents still need to eat and be cared for, a tornado is not a good excuse not to come in for work. I worked in the kitchen as dishwasher/dining room aid.

So what fun forms of ID do you carry?
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Not really fun forms, but I currently carry two: driver's license and passport card (from when we went to Niagara Falls this past summer). Definitely useful as a second form of gov-issued ID. I used to have a state ID (non-driving) but it expired about two, maybe three years ago.

Everything else is basic stuff like business cards, club membership cards, etc. Not really useful as ID for anything but super-specific applications.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Photo ID and Health Card for me.

For a time, I used my Health Card as ID because I don't drive, but because the Ontario government doesn't allow that anymore, I applied for, and received a Photo ID card.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Drivers' License and an "Honored Citizen" ID issue by the local transit authority. It's required if a far inspector check the bus/train and you are using a "honored citizen" (read handicapped or elderly) ticket or pass.

No idea if it'd count as a second photo ID. It does have a photo, and it is issued by a "government agency".

Comment

In all honesty - I do not own a single piece of government issued photo ID - I have no photo ID which isn't government issued. I am an unknown.

Comment

I have my first driver's license ... 1969!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've got my driver's license, provincial medical card, social insurance card, occupational health & safety card, my expired first aid certification, and my security guard tag. Nothing really interesting though!

Comment

I've got my state ID, which I really need to update the address on it but really do not wanna go to the DMV, and my student ID from college even though I graduated like 3 years ago.

Other than those, the cards in my wallet are all photo-less and range from various business cards to my Panera card.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

all current photo IDs:

Wisconsin state ID(they didn't take it because it was "only an ID")
                  New Jersey state ID
                  Transportation Workers Identification Credential(TWIC-issued by the TSA)
                  Security Officer Identification(SORA-Issued by NJ State Police)

Non-government
                  Work ID
                  Work Badge
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Only thing that really counts as ID is my non-driver's ID which is state-issued. All the other things like my health care insurance card or library card can't be legally used as ID, so they don't count.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X