This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving drama (Already)

Last year i didn't get to spend thanksgiving with family and my mom and sibs weren't invited to the one her siblings were having with her mom. So they went and had a nice dinner at a restaurant.

This year, since my mom was still a little hurt that her siblings didn't invite her, she planed thanksgiving with my mom. Its going to be me, my sibs, my aunt kathy and her husband, my mom and nana.

I'm coming in the night before and my mom and sister where planing on staying with my nana as well (me on air matress and my mom and sister sharing my aunt becky's room since she had yet to really move in and had no indication she would anytime soon.

That was until my aunt out of nowhere texted my mom 'Mobile home sold. Don't know where your planning on saying Thanksgiving'. My mom texted back 'Well we stayed in hotel last time, we can do that again.' and my aunt responded 'Well you better make a reservation soon then' and then i got a call from my mom obviously upset because my aunt didn't even consider that she could crash at nana's, when my mom has shared nana's room in the past and me and meimei are willing to sleep on couches or air mattresses. then just implied that my mom was not welcome in my nana's home. And shes most likely not going to be celebrating with us.

I talked my mom down and got the boy to call her to assure her that if Becky won't let me sleep there I can stay with him and reminded her that nana made plans with us and that until we learned otherwise dinner was still just going to be us. My mom was just upset because a my aunt who hasn't talked to her in 5 years, didn't even tell her about her husband dying, just decided that she was in-charge of the house now that she moved in to help my nana out while Kathy and John travel.

I should mention that she acts like my mom is a free loader near-do-well with good for nothing kids, while she has one son in jail on drug charges, another who is in recovery for drug use, a daughter who has 6 kids from 3 different men one of which the man she cheated on her husband with (whom she later left him for) and a son who died from alcohol abuse. The other two kids are a Marine and good Mormon mom so there's that.

While my mom is a highly sought after educator who hasn't moved to a better paying job because she A) wants to be close to her kids and B) likes the kids she works with; a daughter who has a steady career and steady relationships, a son who is in a high demand career where he is actually head hunted into better paying jobs twice and just bought a new house on his own and while i may not be a starling example of success I am actively working on a degree for a career she has as well. We may not be high classes people but we have no criminal records, we keep in touch with our family, we may be childless but this is because we know we are not in any position to have children right now or to be honest I know that, meimei hates kids and the boy has no desire to have any.

I offered my 'Bitch' to take over the planning and control phases, which my mom declined. It just pisses me off that someone who isn't even going to be there is taking control of something that doesn't effect her.

we have no criminal records, we keep in touch with our family, we may be childless but this is because we know we are not in any position to have children right now
    Honey, this is high class in my book! Hang in there, you're doing fine. Don't let a control freak push you around.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What MC said.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*eye twitch* that aunt i talked about? SHE HASN'T MOVED IN YET CAUSE HER BUYER FELL THROUGH!!!!!!!! AND IS IN FACT NOT GOING TO BE HERE FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS!!

Comment

Working...
        X