This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incident at the grocery store

Today, I went to pick up some things for Thanksgiving tomorrow. No, it's not a holiday here, but that does prevent me (and a lot of other people) from celebrating it.

I went to get some butter, and I put my basket down on one of the price tags at the bottom of the refrigerator case. Some guy came up and asked me how much it was (I wasn't paying much attention, but I think that's what he asked), and I lifted the basket to show him the price. As he moved on, I noticed another price tag nearby, and couldn't figure out why he needed me to reveal that particular price tag.

More quickly than it takes to tell it, the fucker groped me as he walked past. I looked after him and saw that, yes, the hand near me was free. His other hand contained his own shopping basket. He was also lingering nearby - not looking at any products, or asking a salesperson for assistance, but probably hoping for a different reaction from me than he got.

I glared at him and said in a louder-than-usual voice, "What the fuck did you just do to me?

Oh, yeah, the Mr. Innocent routine. Right. Oh, and please, for anyone thinking of saying that it might have been an accident, please don't. You don't have to believe that he intended it, but I'm convinced, or I wouldn't be telling it here. I've dealt with shitheads like him before.

I curled my hand into a fist and walked past him, saying, "Yeah, just try it." He didn't speak English, or at least, he pretended not to speak it, but a fist does show a person's meaning quite clearly, and he knew why I was doing it.

So I walked on by, and a few minutes later, saw him exiting an aisle. I let my temper get the better of me, and as I walked rapidly past him, I sideswiped him with my shopping basket. He yelled a few things after me, but didn't pursue, which didn't surprise me.

I got out of there after that. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

Groping with concent is awesome. Groping wihout is just wrong.

Sorry you had to deal with such a creep.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I believe you. It's happened to me. I was so gobsmacked I didn't know what to do and by the time I turned around the guy was gone.

Good on you for your reaction! He might think twice next time about trying that. Goddamn perv.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X