X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So....

How's your day going?

<sits and sips on tea>
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

I almost don't want to say anything, lest I jinx it.

Both because that's how Fate works.

And this is a thread created by Seraph, the Enemy of Normalcy, and so such jinxes would work even harder here...
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I just came in from cleaning the snow off my car (so I hopefully won't have to do much in the morning) and my fingers hurt from cold.

Other than that, I have done absolutely nothing of note today.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm lying on my bed in front of my air conditioner, not wanting to leave the house, but I'm down to a third of a toilet roll left.

Comment

Let's see...

Cleaning out the house, because it's January. I only have 3 rooms left before I can call the donate truck to pick it all up.

Waiting to hear if Hub's salary offer is accepted, if it is, we'll be moving to Tulsa.

Goofing around in WoW, but getting ready to go to bed because I am teaching school tomorrow to my kidlets - with a book about MLK Jr. and watching the "I have a Dream" speech.

Also in shock still about the possibility of losing this place.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            And this is a thread created by Seraph, the Enemy of Normalcy, and so such jinxes would work even harder here...
            Hey now....actually....that's....probably true. Had someone visit last night and in the space of his visit, he got bitten by a spider, my dog broke a jar, my neighbor almost broke her arm, I got punched in the jaw (and on the side I just had surgery on), and then the town's sewage line backed up into the house. He just kind of sat down on the couch and was like "you...don't make any of the stuff up. Ever. Do you?"

NOPE.

Quoth prjkt View Post
            I'm lying on my bed in front of my air conditioner, not wanting to leave the house, but I'm down to a third of a toilet roll left.
            ....want some of this snow?

please?....

Quoth Kanalah View Post
            Let's see...

Cleaning out the house, because it's January. I only have 3 rooms left before I can call the donate truck to pick it all up.

Waiting to hear if Hub's salary offer is accepted, if it is, we'll be moving to Tulsa.

Goofing around in WoW, but getting ready to go to bed because I am teaching school tomorrow to my kidlets - with a book about MLK Jr. and watching the "I have a Dream" speech.

Also in shock still about the possibility of losing this place.
            Kana I'm going to have to tell you to move out to meh. Yep. Yep yep. <puppy eyes>

Also seriously I am about to punch BC in the throat if I don't get my Ashes this month. ITS BEEN YEARS.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Good on this end. Nice session of church, introducing my 9-year-old daughter to MtG Commander, and dinner and board games with friends down the street. Satisfying Sunday for me.

Quoth Seraph View Post
              Hey now....actually....that's....probably true. Had someone visit last night and in the space of his visit, he got bitten by a spider, my dog broke a jar, my neighbor almost broke her arm, I got punched in the jaw (and on the side I just had surgery on), and then the town's sewage line backed up into the house.
              This sounds like a story worth listening to.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Typical Sunday for us. Dinner and gaming with friends. Get home and spend a few hours playing Fallout 4.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Mm snow. Can't say I've ever actually seen snow, so sure?

Fallout 4, haven't played that for a little while, but I might just start a new game

Comment

Oh, just sitting here hoping like hell that someone buys the site and keeps it running. I fully understand it's time for Raps to move on, but I hate to lose this.

Hell, I was just about to pay someone to create a new avatar for me so I can have something that's really mine.

Other than that, just messing around online, doing a bit of writing, and being glad I took MLK Day off so I don't have to deal with Sunday bus schedules (because that's what they do on holidays, never mind that not everyone normally gets the day off).
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a do-over. Fiancee texted me six hours into my shift asking if I could come home because her daughter ran away. Six hours into my shift was 1am and we live in a huge city. Then we spent 2 hours driving around and checking everywhere she may have gone and had the police looking for her. Then fiancee's sister called and said she came home (3:30am). Then we had a two-hour family talk and may wind up pulling her out of school and homeschooling her, since she's been acting up a lot since starting middle school and it keeps getting worse. Which would be a shame since we just got a letter that she's been accepted to a fine art academy if we can manage to scrape the funds together to send her there. So today can pretty much just sod off.
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

It's 9:23 am here. Woke up at 5 per usual, tried to work out but Baby, who usually gets up at 6, decided having an hour to myself every morning is acceptable and woke up at 5:20. Older Son woke up at 6 (ugh), he doesn't even have school today! I ordered him back to bed and he slept until 8:30, thank heavens.

Had a glass of chocolate milk, entertained husband for a few minutes with a long, in-depth conversation about the life and loves of Obi-wan Kenobi, now Baby is napping, Older Son is playing Mario Maker and I am cleaning out the garage. Apparently we have TWO card tables. I'm mystified as to where the other one came from.
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          ... Apparently we have TWO card tables. I'm mystified as to where the other one came from.
                          The missing socks have pupated?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

SERAPH!

*tackle hugs*

So glad to see you back! I thought something happened to you. Well, more than normal that is.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                              Kana I'm going to have to tell you to move out to meh. Yep. Yep yep. <puppy eyes>

Also seriously I am about to punch BC in the throat if I don't get my Ashes this month. ITS BEEN YEARS.
                              Tulsa's two hours closer to you?

I can't complain at Wow, finally got my raven lord after years. >.>
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                              X