This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Valentinian View Post
    He was damn good at it too, he managed to get in all the "OH MY GAWD" implications without actually sounding overhyped. (I, er, may have been paraphrasing for effect. )
    Welcome to the realm of social engineering. The right amount of authority and just the right level of panic and you can make anyone do what you want them to.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

*hugs blaquekatt*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Well, this morning I was supposed to drop my car off for an oil change/checkup. I would have had to walk up to my son's school to pick him up after, but no big deal, the weather is nice and I like walking. BUT. This morning he is coughing like someone who smoked for 40 years (he is prone to sinus infections). Cancel oil change, keep him home from school and call the pediatrician. Get an appointment at 12:45. 12:30 get in car with Khan and Mal, and it doesn't start. Cancel doc appointment, call auto care place. They close at 5 but I can have it towed later, they have a drop box for keys. Urgent Care is open until 8, I can take kid there tonight. I call husband and he immediately starts freaking out and asking me what I want him to doooo (it's hard for him to make decisions sometimes) so I tell him to be home by 6, which should give me time to call AAA and get the car towed, and take kid to the UC. I feel terrible because he has a lab meeting on Friday (he usually works 70+ hours the weeks he has lab meeting) but what else can we do? Hopefully the car will be fixed by Wednesday morning and we can pick it up before kid goes to school.

Also today I noticed my cat has pulled tons of fur off her right haunch and leg, I need to get her a vet appointment but I cringe at the thought of chasing Mal around a vet office. Hopefully they can get my car done in two days so I can book her in, Internet says likely cause is dermatological. I'd hate for her to be itching or hurting any longer than she has to be.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

So would it be weird to mention my lover to my partner who currently doesn't know his own name? Partner is epileptic and has seizures which cause retrograde amnesia. He remembering more about me and the context but not about himself yet. He knows about my lover when he's ok but it just seems a bit odd at the moment (I'm poly bi in a V currently)

In other news he's less depressed because he can't remember who he is. Silver lining I guess... Also my life continues to get weirder.
          As soon as I start thinking
          That I'm sensible and sane
          The Random Hedgehog comes along
          And fiddles with my Brain
          (from card I got)

Comment

As part of the Great Goodwill Purge of 2016, mom went through my gaming stuff in the living room. And got rid of some consoles and games. I'm not too mad about the Dreamcast (I have 2, the one she took was a recent yardsale find and actually didn't work) and I can replace a few of the newer games, but...

...my pristine copy of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness is now missing "You need to keep better track of your stuff."...noted, but not helpful. The game was on the shelf, now it's not. Interestingly, that's the only game I own that I do not have the respective console...so because I don't/can't play it it was OK to donate?
            Quoth lordlundar View Post
            Welcome to the realm of social engineering. The right amount of authority and just the right level of panic and you can make anyone do what you want them to.
            I almost got Shithead to tell me everything I needed to know about accessing the admin rights for SCO. Setting was an error that he had never seen before; I had and knew exactly how to fix it (not complex at all) but wanted to see if he knew enough about the system as he claimed (could he figure out that I was asking to do stuff that a non-tech should have no reason to be asking about). He had the helpdesk on the phone walking him through the process to get root privileges, and was relaying the information to me...then D showed up and put the brakes on that. I could have not only used that information to accomplish something Shithead wanted me to do anyway, but also could have done some damage if I wanted to. Now I have the operating manuals, but nothing to let me use them.
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-07-2016, 03:15 AM.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I guess I'll join. I've been in pain for most of the day and it's at the point where I feel like taking a second opiate. I rarely take them and if I do it's one or a half of one. I am so glad I'm off tomorrow.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I guess I'll join. I've been in pain for most of the day and it's at the point where I feel like taking a second opiate. I rarely take them and if I do it's one or a half of one. I am so glad I'm off tomorrow.
                If I take a Tramadol in the evening, I'm up and down half the night. But I need to take the Etodolac so at least my shoulders will stop burning like the muscles are tearing apart. Damn bursitis.

And as soon as I finish my chocolate cookies and milk, it's off to bed. My alarm is set for 4 a.m. so I can get to work by 6.

Is it the weekend yet?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  If I take a Tramadol in the evening, I'm up and down half the night.
                  Huh. It knocks me out. Sometimes I have a weird dream, but that happens without a trammie also.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Remember that bike trouble I mentioned? It's fixed now. The shop opened the freewheel and cleaned it.

The same shop, and the same freewheel, which I'd asked to open and service back when I had the winter tyres fitted - y'know, while they had the wheel off.

Yeah - they didn't charge me for not fixing it, but it *did* cause me a heck of a lot of trouble because they didn't listen to my instructions the first time. Or the second time.

Comment

I managed to get some New Balance shoes at Sports Check for 39.95 even though they were marked 59.95! SCORE!

Other than that, I'm a bit fatigued today but I've got a fair amount of cleaning done. Spring cleaning, wee.

Comment

Played poker last night and took 5th, for a gift certificate at the VFW. Sitting home today, remembering that just a short week ago I was in paradise, no, not Key West, but South Padre Island. It was in the upper 70s there. Back home it's low 30s (though yesterday pushed 60).

So looking forward to summer, after my brief taste of it.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                        X