This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's good parenting, right there

I have to share this, cuz it was just so funny. This girl and her son came into the store, the boy (around two or three) asked his mum for chocolate, she said no. While she was paying for her fuel, the boy grabbed a chocolate bar off the shelf, opened it and licked it.

The mother didn't falter, she just added it to her bill and paid for it. All the time, the boy has a smug look on his face, cuz he thinks he's getting chocolate. But then, the girl unwrapped it and ate it in front of him, saying, "I said, no chocolate. I had to buy this cuz you licked it, but I'll be damned if you're going to get it when I said no."

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

That's the way you do it ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Excellent parenting, top marks!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Hard lesson, but a necessary one. Well done that mother.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Go mom!!! I hope she mentioned how good it tasted too

Comment

Methinks said boy will be spending some time in his room / the corner when he gets home too. Good job mom!
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Haha, I love it! She was a good customer by buying the ruined candy, and a good mom for both not going the Big Deal route (immediately yelling or shaming) and eating it herself. I bet he doesn't try that tactic again.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

That is just awesome.

Comment

Ha! Go, Mom! You're doing it right.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

It's things like this that help to restore my faith in humanity. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Nice work, Mom. Taught the little brat that NO means NO, and you got a treat you probably needed after dealing with that kid. (Face it, some kids are natural brats, even with the best of parenting.)
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        That's the way you do it ^_^
                        You play the guitar on the MTV.

/obligatory
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

hmm good idea...,.

Comment

Good job, Mom!

Comment

Wondering just how loud the kid's shrieking tizzy was.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X