This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a new one (to me!)

So this woman comes in tonight and picks up a bottle of knock-off Polo body mist. She brings it to the register. I don't know exactly what transpired at that point, but I got called - with the code that says "I can't help this person and I'm about to lose it, you take it!" You know that code?

So I go over there and say how can I help you? She proceeds to tell me that her friend bought this same body mist "TODAY! IN THIS STORE" (oh man, she's yelling already) "AND SHE GOT IT BUY ONE GET ONE FREE"!!!!!!!!!! eleventy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so let me go look at the tag, there's no sale on that item. I go back. "It's not on sale at this time. Did your friend use a coupon?" NOOOO Okay, did she use a rain check? NOOOO

Alrighty then.... She repeats and repeats "My friend got it for buy one get one free!!!!"
    I say: well, I'm not sure how that happened. Are you sure she didn't use a coupon or a rain check? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO she didn''t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here comes the kicker: Now keep in mind that this woman doesn't have anything backing her up, other than her word that her "friend" told her this story. She says: "If I come back here tomorrow with her (meaning the friend)'s receipt, will you price match it?"

Uh oh Spidey sense is tingling. "Ma'am we don't price match, not competitors". She SCREAMS "It's not a competitor, it's your store TODAY". So I say, if you bring the receipt in tomorrow, I will look at it, but I cannot promise anything until I see it. She seems satisfied with that.

How much you wanna bet: A. She doesn't come back tomorrow. B. She comes back and brings the receipt to shove in my face. andddddd C. It's from "the other drugstore across the street" ???????????????

I'm definitely voting "C" - crazy broad's in the wrong store!

Of course there's "D" - No such friend and she's simply ranting to get a freebie...

Comment

Or E. She's just plain crazy.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

F. The receipt is for the store across the street and it is for eggs.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          F. The receipt is for the store across the street and it is for eggs.
          You owe me a keyboard!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            You owe me a keyboard!
            Never. See Site Rule #1.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

On the plus side, she didn't buy it, right? So at least the population in general doesn't have to smell that body spray.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

You guys crack me up!!! All very good guesses, even the ones that weren't in the original ABC choices! And the correct answer is .....

A. She doesn't come back tomorrow
                But my managers got a big laugh out of it!

Comment

Working...
                X