This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, ruined your smoke break!

No. No you didn't. For a very good reason...

Basically, this happened outside a shop, where I was sitting on a bench having a smoke before I went in. I was wearing a Slipknot hoodie, a black miniskirt, navy blue leggings and a pair of tan Uggs. This is important. Immersed in my book, I was annoyed when this woman poked me and said, "I know you're on break, but I haven't got time to wait in the queue. You need to come and serve me."

At first, I didn't have a clue what the stupid woman was babbling on about. I replied, "What?"

She sighed, rolled her eyes and repeated herself, talking slowly as if I was an idiot. That's when it hit me; she thought I worked in the store and was taking a break. Despite the fact that what I was wearing didn't resemble the store staff's uniform at all. I looked at her and said, "I don't work there. I'm a customer, same as you, and I'm having a fag before I go into the shop."

She glared at me and said, "We'll see about that! I'm going in to tell your manager!"

"You do that," I said and went back to my smoke. Once I was done, I went inside. I saw the daft woman in the store, but she said nothing more to me. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Slipknot hoodie and miniskirt---ooh metal chick!
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I bet she tried telling the manager, and got laughed at, so that's why she avoided you. Either that, or she was just stupid enough not to recognize you from outside. Either way...daft, indeed.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

FTFY:

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        ...ooh mental chick!

(needs more characters!)
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Also, "you need to come and serve me" -- ha, ha, no. Even if you did work there.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

SCs need to be served - with fava beans and a nice chianti.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

She will probably complain to corporate that the manager refused to do anything about the "disrespectful employee", and he will get an undeserved black mark.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                SCs need to be served - with fava beans and a nice chianti.
                Fava beans and Chianti would not cover up how bitter and sour dish would be.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yeah, even if I had been working in that shop, it would have been a sucky thing to do. I'd love to have seen the look on her face when the manager told her, "Um, that's a customer. She doesn't work here."

The place is a second hand bookstore, so they know me very well cuz I spend a lot of money there. It's privately owned so I doubt that the owner will pay any attention to a complaint.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    I doubt that the owner will pay any attention to a complaint.
                    Unless it came from you.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X