This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth eltf177 View Post
    Well, when you have a suspended registration and can't get a real tag what else was she supposed to do?

Please, DON'T answer that!
    One could do what some neighbors of mine did: attach a dead tag onto their vehicle, or write the license plate number in sharpie on a piece of cardboard and tape it inside their back windshield. Take your pick.

Of course that second idea is more noticable than the first option . . . . guarantee you Officer Friendly won't be so friendly if he came across that.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We've towed people who've tried it.....

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a2&oe=5773C234
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I've never understood why people bother it. As soon as a cop sees it you're toast.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          I've never understood why people bother it. As soon as a cop sees it you're toast.
          And it stands out like a neon sign to boot!

Now using a dead tag will work for a while - but if you get pulled over and the cop runs your tags odds are you're going downtown with him...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            And it stands out like a neon sign to boot!

Now using a dead tag will work for a while - but if you get pulled over and the cop runs your tags odds are you're going downtown with him...
            Bonus points if you're doing this AND have no valid license (such as the neighbor in question having suspended license due to DWI and her brother had only one eye, so he could not have license to begin with.)

MOTY material right there. Even worse was her then 11 year old son was in the car with her when she got pulled. Her mother had to be called to come get him (the son.)
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              We've towed people who've tried it.....

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a2&oe=5773C234
              LOL I bought a car from a guy off of ebay in PA.
              Put "in transit" on a paper on the back window and drove back to VA like that.

right/wrong- eh
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
              X