This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Excuse me" is a request, not an order

Just went to the post office to make an enquiry about rates for international letters. When I got there, 2 windows were open, and 1 person ahead of me in the queue.

As the person ahead of me was being served, 2 more join the queue behind me, and a lady with a pushchair went around the roped queuing area. I assumed she was with one of the other people & just didn't want to thread the pushchair through the snake path, especially as she was waiting at the end furthest from the windows.

Well, we all know what happens when we assume...

When the next customer was called, she practically leaped forward in her rush to get ahead of me & my cane. Unlucky for her, the counter that was free was to my left & she was starting from my right. Obstructive Bastard powers activate!

SC: "Please, excuse me sir, I'm in a rush." (Points for an attempt at politeness, if nothing else...)

OB: "So am I, and I can't stand for long either." *Brandishes cane to highlight the issue.*

SC: *Attempts to push said cane out of her path, which would topple me.* "I just need to ask something..."

OB: "So do we all *gestures at others*, which is why we joined the queue!"

At this point, I'd managed to work my way past her increasingly futile attempts to block me, and only heard her plaintive "oh...", along with some sniggering from the others in line. And then I asked my one simple question & left!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Queue queue queueboogie!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
    X