Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disposable is not a hard word to understand..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposable is not a hard word to understand..

I work in a chemist type shop, it's like Boots without the pharmacy. I had a customer ask me very clearly, for disposable razors. When I brought them over this is what happened:

Customer: Are those disposable razors?
    Me: Yes they are
    Customer: So they are disposable then?
    Me: Yeah they are, you get 5 in this pack
    Customer: Ok... so you sell the replacement blades?
    Me: erm no, these ones are disposable, you can't replace the blades in them.
    Customer: So you don't sell the blades?
    Me: No, these ones are disposable.....
    Customer: Oh... what does disposable mean?
    Me: It means you just throw the whole razor away...
    Customer: How do I throw them way?
    Me: Er.. how you normally dispose of your household waste? (I admit this was not the best choice of words, at the time I thought just saying "In the bin?" would come out as sarcastic).
    Customer: Oh... so I just throw them way then?
    Me: Yes..

I've also had this week someone wanting to know what "Hydrating" means, and people repeatedly asking if the free shampoo samples we have are in fact free (there is a sign, but reading is just soooo hard ), after confirming they are free, being asked over and over again if it's ok to take them.. I know I should be patient, but I just want to say to them: "Come on people, at least pretend to think for yourself!"
    Last edited by KnittedPuppy; 02-28-2016, 12:33 AM. Reason: So it generally makes more sense :)

Quoth KnittedPuppy View Post
    I've also had this week someone wanting to know what "Hydrating" means, and people repeatedly asking if the free shampoo samples we have are in fact free (there is a sign, but reading is just soooo hard ), after confirming they are free, being asked over and over again if it's ok to take them.. I know I should be patient, but I just want to say to them: "Come on people, at least pretend to think for yourself!"
    I ask if the food on the counter is meant for sampling, too. Sometimes, you just don't know if they are free samples, or if they are just for display purposes only, especially if there's no sign saying "free samples".

However, even if it did have a sign, I'd ask once, just to be sure. Not over and over again.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

It almost sounds like they were wanting the blades for the older style Safety Razors?
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_razor
      where the actual blade itself is replaced and the handle and top are reusable.
      Or the ones where the head is replaceable (cartridge razor)?

(This coming from someone who hasn't shaved in probably close to a decade… Trimmed yes, but full shave, no.)
      Vik

Quoth KnittedPuppy View Post
      Me: erm no, these ones are disposable, you can't replace the blades in them.
      Customer: So you don't sell the blades?
      Me: No, these ones are disposable.....
      Last edited by EricKei; 03-08-2016, 06:55 PM. Reason: trimmed quote

Comment

Working...
      X