This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers Needed

as most of you know, I'm a big fan of the reality tv show Deadliest Catch (from whence my username came from lol)

anyhow...this morning we got the news via FB that Capt. Sig Hansen, the oldest of 3 brothers (Edgar & Norman are his younger brothers) & is also the captain of the F/V Northwestern suffered a massive heart attack ( I believe they refer to it as the 'widowmaker')

thankfully, this did not happen at sea as they had finished their season just a few days before, but occurred at home so he was able to get medical help quickly. He is still in the hospital in Seattle (not sure where), I imagine he had to have bypass surgery & stents up in etc

Obviously, the cigarettes have got to go, you'd think he would have learned his lesson after what happened to Phil Harris (who by the way, was NOT medically cleared to go fishing & the initial stroke happened at sea I'm thinking, the collapse later at the dock was a delayed reaction plus him having to wait for hours at a Doctor In A Box Clinic in St. Paul instead of being flown out immediately didn't help matters, but I guess we'll never know)

Anyway, if you could keep him & his wife & kids in your prayers, it'd be much appreciated. We DO NOT want a repeat of what happened to Phil

Thanks guys

*Edited To Add* This just came in, apparently the way I heard it was wrong, Sig & the boat was supposedly still at sea when this happened & the Coasties had to be called out to airlift Sig off the boat...which in light of this new information makes that much more miraculous that he lived at all because he suffered a MASSIVE HEART ATTACK, one that kills 90% of those who suffer one from what I'm hearing...I'm actually surprised they were able to talk him into calling the Coast Guard at all, he can be very stubborn & the fact that he suffered some sort of pain/breathing attack some seasons back where he couldn't catch his breath. There was a camera guy in the wheelhouse when that attack happened & the guy JUST KEPT FILMING rather than put the DAMNED CAMERA DOWN & get some help...that still pisses me off to this day
    Last edited by CorneliaMarieRocks; 03-03-2016, 01:00 AM.
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Prayers and hugs sent.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Thanks man

"Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Prayers for Sig, his family, and crew sent. Northwestern is the favorite boat in our house.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X