This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I herp derp my screws.

At the computer store we have one of those red tool chests. It's actually in two pieces. The smaller piece we keep small tools and parts in and it sits on one of our workbenches. The big, mobile bottom half is in the back and is used for big tools, paper, toners, etc.

Anyway - I had been collecting laptop hard drive screws for a couple of years. They have a specific size that they always use, so no matter what sort of laptop you have, chances are one of these standard screws holds it in place or bolts it to a hard drive caddy.

I keep these screws in a paper bag in the small red tool box.

A couple of months ago my bag disappears.

No one knows where it went. No one saw it. No one touched it.

A couple of weeks ago I made a new envelope. I open the drawer to get a couple of screws from it.

Gone.

My tech might be a bit of an ass sometimes but he's not a thief. My biz partner would have no reason to borrow screws to work on something at home and even then I'm sure he'd say something or throw a couple into a different envelope instead of taking them all. I have some special needs kids come in once a week or so as "interns" (read: empty the trash, test hard drives, etc.) but they would have no reason to be in those drawers, plus me or their worksite caretaker are always watching.

Then I realized I'm a dumbass.

I pulled out the bottom drawer and middle drawer, un-attached the middle drawer, and looked down in the bottom of the toolbox.

Yep. Two envelopes worth of laptop hard drive screws. A couple of Windows COA labels. Some stickers. A phone screen. Some odds and ends.

Sigh. *drinks*

Ah, those dangerous 'safe places' we find once and never again! I'm very guilty of that little thing...

Comment

I do that a lot too OP. Not with screws though, with paint brushes.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Thank you for calling ur screw co, Karnac the magnificent speaking.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
        X