Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Closed Thread

Our toilet seat was stolen.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Clerk

Default Our toilet seat was stolen.

The toilet seat in our men's room (it's a 1-person unit) was stolen. Which means the men's room is closed until the replacement arrives. Worst part about it? Since both our customer restrooms are private units meant for one person the ladies room is now unisex. For some reason that pisses people (especially women off). Both rooms have the same fixtures (toilet, sink, changetable, and dryer); only the ladies has a tampon dispenser. And no, the ladies aren't any cleaner then the mens; at least the mens doesn't have blood on the toilet seat (my female coworkers tell me this happens alot).

Old 07-27-2006, 04:20 AM
Cashier

Why would someone steal a toilet seat? Maybe they didnt want to clean the one at home and thought stealing a clean one was easier.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Meddling Geek

So can I safely assume the "hand 'em a shovel and point 'em out back" method wasn't very popular?

But didn't you know? You shouldn't mix men and women's bathrooms. You could catch the cooties! But it's ok, I got plenty of cootie shots to hand out!

Hey, I personally don't see the big deal. It's not like everyone has separate bathrooms at home for men and women.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Bagger

the soap dispenser in our ladies room was stolen once.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Christian Environmentalist

our salt shaker was stolen multiple times, returned once banged up

Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Haz Bad Attitude!

Someone was so desperate for toilet paper (instead of paying, oh........less than a dollar for a cheap roll of John Wayne toilet paper) that they ripped apart the dispenser and stole both rolls in one of the bathrooms at the gas station.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Snake Handler

Here's some highlights from the Kinko's bathroom. This particular store only had the one room, and we all shared it. At some point, we said, "enough bullshit. No more customers in here!" And that improved things greatly. But here's what led to that decision:

1. Shit on the wall.
2. Piss on the floor.
3. Piss on the seat.
4. Enough toilet paper stuffed into the toilet to jam it up so bad it cost something like 300 bucks to fix it (I think this was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.)
5. A shattered pedestal sink (Actually, I liked the broken sink...I could use it as an excuse to not let people in there.)
6. Vomit every freaking where.
7. Customers behind the counter, which is actually a violation of our insurance policy (which allowed us to make the lawyers into the bad buys when the customers got mad at us for making them go somewhere else.)
8. Nickle bags in the potted plant.
9 "Foot Worshippers" magazine crammed behind the mirror.

I'll never forget one slow saturday afternoon, this dude came up with two little toddlers asking to use the loo. I was like, "Man, we are not supposed to let you back there." And of course, the little girl was doing the pee pee dance, so I relented and let him take her in there.

No good deed goes unpunished. I'm in the back later, and my asst. Manager comes up and asks me if I'd gotten sick in there. (at the time, I was on a medication that I had a very bad reaction to, and was recoving from that. So I can see why he might have asked me that. )

I said, "No. If I was gonna get sick here, I'd be out behind the dumpster, not on my knees in the boggy spot you all call a bathroom....why?" ( I was getting a real bad feeling about this).

AM: Well, there's puke everywhere.

DAMMIT!!!! See, that's what I get for being nice. I do that guy a favor and he thanks me by not even attempting to clean up after his child. Nice.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Member of the T Plush fan club

Ugh, I would rather pee outside in public for all the world to see than to use a public bathroom. Why? Because of disgusting stories like these.
3rd shift needs love, too
RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Old 07-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Hot Coffee Mod

And I thought they stole dumb stuff from us! That takes the cake.

We share a one stall employee bathroom at work and, fortunately, none of us are nasty people so it isn't a problem.

~TechSmith 314
HellGate: London

Old 07-27-2006, 09:22 PM
One more year to qualification

There was one night I came to work to find out that someone had ripped the toilet roll completely off the wall. I'm not sure how exactly they managed to do that, as the way it was designed, it was nearly impossible to get a proper grip on (It was a plastic circle).
But I seized that excuse to lock the toilet for around 3 days. Needless to say, the people who hang out at my work (a petrol station... Who really wants to hang out in front of a GAS STATION?? - But that's another story, for another time.) weren't happy.
- Don't talk about Fight Club.
Closed Thread