Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Old 08-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Long live Gaz

We're on the case.

In the meantime, just to be see if it IS on your side, please run your antivirus/antispyware/ADWCleaner programs. If those don't help, run MalwareBytes,it's said to be effective against an infection that specifically redirects to that site.

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 08-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Puncher ... of Tickets!

I keep getting a picture of a young lady's bum. Can't screenshot properly as I'm on work's iPad, but the link appears to be for a site called hitme or hitwe? It's very unclear, sorry. I've been using the adbox's Report as Inappropriate.

ETA: It's hitwe. Appeared 3 more times even after reporting! :/

Last edited by RealUnimportant; 08-07-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Long live Gaz

We'll take a look. Thanks!

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 08-07-2016, 10:44 PM
I need a life

Because asses belong in the CoC, MiM, and SC stories, not in the ads.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Quote:
Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
I keep getting a picture of a young lady's bum.
I'm getting a name to go with it... Sarah,Samantha,Susie... it's becoming clearly...there's a message coming through from it...

Old 08-08-2016, 03:43 AM
Darwin and Murphy are my gods.

Quote:
Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
I keep getting a picture of a young lady's bum.
Dang, why don't I get the entertaining ads?
Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Old 08-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Deserted View Post
Dang, why don't I get the entertaining ads?
They're targeted, so *you* get a cab-oose!

Old 08-21-2016, 07:54 AM
Puncher ... of Tickets!

Got another one; trying to offer me a Thai bride? I'm using work's iPad again... Even though I'm using Private browsing mode, could the habits of a cow-irker be influencing the ads?

Old 08-21-2016, 11:31 PM
Long live Gaz

Private Browsing just prevents your browser history from that session from being stored; it MAY prevent cookies from being kept after the session is over. If he is NOT using Private, the cookies/history from sites he accesses could still influence what you're doing, unless I'm mistaken.

I'll run it by the boss.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Private Browsing just prevents your browser history from that session from being stored; it MAY prevent cookies from being kept after the session is over. If he is NOT using Private, the cookies/history from sites he accesses could still influence what you're doing, unless I'm mistaken.

I'll run it by the boss.

This is my understanding of things, too.
I'd clear all cookies, and, depending upon the browser being used, look at their support docs to find out how to turn off advertisement tracking - those use a completely separate cookie system from whichever cookies get set by the sites you visit.