This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that apartment attracts party animals and the socially challenged

I'm not talking about my complex or even my building. I'm talking about a particular unit. In the 8 years I've been here I've seen many tenants move in and out and some notables are:
    --The kid who barreled his chubby self over the fence surrounding the patio to get in the house, instead of going through the door. He also one time stood outside and aimed his laser at the sky, other apartments, people, whatever.
    --The tenants whose friends were found to be running and screaming like little kids on the lawn at 2:00 am.
    --The lady and her daughter, whose name I recognized from insurance paperwork. She had literally driven her car into mine in the next lane in the mall circle and then her name showed up on one of the mail boxes.

Well, there's someone new in there as of a week ago, I guess. I don't really know. I haven't even really seen them. Sunday night I had 5 loads laundry and I have to go downstairs and across to the other building to wash them. I was basically running up and down the stairs because I was trying to get it done before Tuesday.
    I had literally just stepped out my door and gone down maybe 3 steps when this new neighbor woman, who was at the end of her patio furthest from me and cloaked in shadow (it was dark out) suddenly said "Hi! How's it going??" as if she knew me and we ran into each other in the store. I mean, it was a voice coming out of the dark; I didn't even know a person was there. I was so startled that I'm surprised I didn't lose my footing. That's like surprising someone on a ladder. You just don't do that. I threw out some platitude in passing and kept on going.

The weird thing is that now that I think about it, it feels like deja vu. I'm 90% sure this has happened with a former neighbor in that same apartment. It gives me the creeps. Maybe when that unit is empty I should move down there so there will be a normal person in there. Also, I'd have a couple less neighbors attached to me, as it's on the end.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Maybe when that unit is empty I should move down there so there will be a normal person in there. Also, I'd have a couple less neighbors attached to me, as it's on the end.
    Go for it!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      The weird thing is that now that I think about it, it feels like deja vu. I'm 90% sure this has happened with a former neighbor in that same apartment. It gives me the creeps. Maybe when that unit is empty I should move down there so there will be a normal person in there. Also, I'd have a couple less neighbors attached to me, as it's on the end.
      I don't know, I'd be leery of it. Could be there's some malevolent force in that apartment that drives people bat-crap crazy!
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

That smiley says it all.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X