X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF family strikes again

I am having a WTF week.

Background: Mom got tired of younger sis cursing, refusing to go to church, casual drug use and having random men over at all hours, so Mom moved out of her own home. This was 6 years ago.

Mom is still paying the mortgage and all bills for sis and the current boyfriend who lives with her. Neither sis or BF work, they just loaf around on the internet, smoke weed and drink. Mom goes over there a few times a year to pick up the mail.

So Wednesday morning I get a phone call from Mom at 9am. This is odd because she's not normally awake until noon-1pm. Figuring something is wrong or someone's in the hospital, I answer. The first words out of her mouth are: "Can I borrow your weed eater?" I say sure and ask what's going on. She informs me that she went over to "Sis' house" (At this point I am thinking if she's calling it that, then sis needs to be paying all the bills) and there was a notice from the city because the lawn hasn't been mowed all year and if it wasn't mowed by Tuesday, they were going to come mow it and charge her - as the homeowner - $500. So she had spent her morning over there mowing.

She comes over and I hand over the weed eater - it's a cheapie one I bought years ago and it doesn't work well. She asks where our extension cord is. "Ummm...I think you borrowed it last year for something Mom." She curses and complains. I ask what's wrong. She tells me when she came over to mow she woke up sis and boyfriend and they were angry and yelled at her. The boyfriend was telling her to "hurry up and finish it all today."

Which sounds very much like the sis and BF that I know. Looks like they're turning into younger copies of Moocher Uncle and family. I'm just glad there's no kids involved.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Your mom is clinically insane. It's the only explanation for this.

Comment

She's a narcissist and my sister is her "golden child". Just like my uncle is grandma's.

Living in a soap opera is no bueno.

Comment

What's going to happen someday when Mom passes on?

Yeah, we can guess. Sis is going to expect YOU to pick up the slack. Be prepared to tell her to f**k off.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well according to Mom's will, sis is getting everything. So she can sit back and enjoy and not come crying to me.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
            Well according to Mom's will, sis is getting everything. So she can sit back and enjoy and not come crying to me.
            how long before she blows through that and comes crying to you

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
              how long before she blows through that and comes crying to you
              I have $10 on less than a year.

But in all seriousness, this stinks. Al's sister is the golden child, and of course she gets everything...and when that falls short, his mum comes running to him. All I can say is get used to slamming your door and saying no when your mum passes.

All this is basically me saying: I know how you feel.
              Last edited by Tama; 05-08-2016, 09:33 AM.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

*hugs Kanalah* <3
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm not too worried about sis right now. I'm worried about grandma and moocher uncle. Uncle's already taken and spent 95% of grandma's money. When she dies everything is to be split 50/50. Mom is thinking of just giving him the house, so she can have the cottage. I want to see how all of that plays out because chances are - sis is going to repeat it when mom dies.

Oh did I mention mom asked if she can move in with me? Dad has also. I'm saying no to both of them. Dad smokes like a chimney and has no problems with "chocking the shit out of disrespectful little snots" <- his words, and mom is a hoarder who will fill my house up with trash. Both treated me like a slave growing up.

Comment

You know, this reminds me a little of my grandma and my aunt. Although fortunately, not as insane.. my aunt is, um, low IQ and more than a bit odd. She's also a hoarder. She bought her own house - she's a janitor at the local school - and it's become a repository of junk. We don't think she'd done any maintenance since she bought it and now she lives with grandma and just takes her junk over to her house. Tragic really.

Grandma's leaving aunt her house in the will. Our guess is that she'll do no maintenance and it will be trashed too, unless someone takes over. Not sure who could though. One of our other aunts is a witch at the best of times and there's zero chance that she'll help. (I don't blame her for that. I blame her for a lot of things, but not that) The rest of us live too far away. idk...

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                      Oh did I mention mom asked if she can move in with me? Dad has also. I'm saying no to both of them.
                      Good. Stay firm on that "no", too. You put up with more than enough crap from them in the past, you don't need any more now. If they can't treat you with decency and respect, then too bad for them, they don't deserve and shouldn't expect any from you.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Good. Stay firm on that "no", too. You put up with more than enough crap from them in the past, you don't need any more now. If they can't treat you with decency and respect, then too bad for them, they don't deserve and shouldn't expect any from you.
                        Yeah, I agree with XCashier. Your mom treats you like shit. Live in the same house? Oh HELL no. Please.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                          Oh did I mention mom asked if she can move in with me? Dad has also. I'm saying no to both of them. Dad smokes like a chimney and has no problems with "chocking the shit out of disrespectful little snots" <- his words, and mom is a hoarder who will fill my house up with trash. Both treated me like a slave growing up.
                          From your description, it looks like IF you allowed your dad to move in, he'd let you know in no uncertain terms that HE's the one who makes the house rules, and YOU have to follow them or he'll use force - never mind the fact that YOU are the one who's paying for the house.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yeah both of them expect to be welcomed with open arms. No rules, and no rent.

Never mind the fact that I have a 3 bedroom home and 2 kids. I don't have an extra room.

Mom had the gall the say that Hubs and I should give her the master bedroom and I should share a room with daughter and husband should share a room with son. How about hell no.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                              Mom had the gall the say that Hubs and I should give her the master bedroom and I should share a room with daughter and husband should share a room with son. How about hell no.
                              "I've got a better idea, we've got a dog house out back, how about you stay there?"

Actually, on second thought, that'd be cruelty to animals. Just say no and keep saying no.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X