X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be unprepared!

Once again fun with scouts.
    So 2 weeks again I was wrapping up the event I still need to talk about, I was talking to a fellow Shooting sports committee member. There's a advanced leader training coming up and they need a pistol inst, would I do it? I suppress the urge to yell NAVY!, but I haven't taught at this event yet sure, now what?
    He says he will contact the guy running it to get ahold of me and there we go. RIGHT? read the title.
    So here it is the Monday before, I do know its Saturday, involves pistols. Mind you the scouts are just now getting into them So I have to bring my personal guns, ammo, targets, what kind of pistol, course of fire??? Am I going to get reimbursed or just write it off on taxes next year?
    I email the guy what's up, who was going to contact me? no answer so far

So do I just skip this or jump through hoops to figure out who is running this and do it anyway because I like to do it?
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

I'm inclined to say "skip it" - unless they suddenly get very organised, very quickly.

Comment

Sadly I have this condition where I feel for the people taking the course and it's not their fault.

So tonight after work I will much though my councils website and attempt to track down who's running it directly. I will go back and fix this guy at my convenience. It just urks me there are a lot of people in this are motivated to get things done for the kids but more and more I deal with and get what we have here. I don't like it anymore than you do.

edit, hours later:

why, why, why?

So now they want my to inst on Friday afternoon. Yeaa about that..I can't get out of work.
      Then finally guy #1 texts me to see if I can also teach something else on Friday.
      Yeaaa no.
      ok we'll get back to you
      So what about ammo and guns?
      Oh council has some we will use....Really huh news to me!
      Talk to them -yea no. well not exactly...A camp 10mi away has 4 of them.
      Soo I get to call the ranger and go get them and hopefully he will respond and I don't have to wait 45min for him to show up to get them and repeat to return.
      Ammo and targets-?
      Course of fire- what ever I want. ok that's easy.
      Last edited by EricKei; 08-17-2016, 01:05 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Look on the bright side! You've got pop-up volunteers.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yea!
          Guy #1 got with the camp and lives near the camp and will take care of the pistols.
          He also was off today and got the ammo. (he even used my round count)
          We talked last night and after a little resistance he agreed to my lesson plan.
          So it's a go on Sat and of course the weather is not looking good. But as we say in the military "if it ain't raining-it ain't training"
          AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
          X