X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im-going-to-bust-your-back-and-sue-you

Hi. I'm a newbie...plz be gentle.

When I started driving a cab about seven years ago, I quickly determined it may be a good idea to carry a voice recorder for the purpose of maintaining an accurate record of the many business transactions I engage in throughout the night.

I would like to invite you to listen in on one transaction, that I recorded in compliance with the laws of my state:

http://media.putfile.com/im-going-to...ck-and-sue-you

Some customers suck...and some are just plain entertaining.

ok wow.... she had some real problems.

Comment

Wow! What was that lady's deal?

Comment

Lol, I loved the way you kept repeating "Have a good night" and how enraged that made her. Was she trying to get you to have a fist-fight or something with her? The way she repeated "come on then!" (I think that was it) and other stuff about 'busting your back' sounded like she was going for a punch up

Comment

What were you thinking asking for money for services rendered?
          You nonsense bass-thad!
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

She's a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

She's a clock away from a coo-coo clock.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Awesome first post.

I have a feeling you're going to have some great stories for us.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Heh. In most states, if someone says something to goad a person into striking them; and they then get struck, THEY (not the person who hit them) can be charged.

It's called various things, down this way it's "The use of Fighting Words" (Kid you not) I think most other states call it something along the lines of antagonistic activites.
                Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Best Made Tacos View Post
                  Lol, I loved the way you kept repeating "Have a good night" and how enraged that made her. Was she trying to get you to have a fist-fight or something with her?
                  Hello, BMT & everyone else who shared a thought.

Actually she was calling her husband to the scene....the same husband who I dropped off two blocks away. If I had remained there it is likely something ugly may have occurred.

She and her husband were well aware our company charges for each stop. Why do you think they made such a big deal out of where I should stop to drop her husband off?

She tried to play me...best part is she and her husband both called my company to complain about me.

This woman refused to pay me when I demanded payment - acted disorderly in my place of business - threatened me with violence - cursed at me -tresspassed in my place of business -

Yet in her eyes I am the bad guy. <huh?>

She is darn lucky I didnt go to district court the next day and file a 'Harrassment' complaint in criminal court...and then stroll over to small claims court and file a civil action against her. <smile>

Be safe...

Quoth repsac View Post
                  Heh. In most states, if someone says something to goad a person into striking them; and they then get struck, THEY (not the person who hit them) can be charged.

Hello, Repsac.

In my state when a person acts the way this psycho did, she can be arrested and prosecuted for Harassment...and if she unlawfully remains in my place of business with the intent to commit a crime (facilitating an assault on me by her husband), she can be arrested for felony burglary.

Which means I did this woman a big favor by chasing her from my cab before her husband could arrive.

Be safe!
                  Last edited by Ree; 05-13-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I drove a cab for about 6 months when I lived in Tucson. Let me describe my last day. I'll start with a general description of how the cab company I worked at operated. All cabbies were sub-contractors who leased the cabs on either a 12 hour, 24 hour, weekly or monthly basis. I didn't have enough seniority among the cabbies to qualify for anything other than a 12 hour lease which, at the time, was $62.50 for the 12 hour shift. Being a sub-contractor meant that I was not an employee of the cab company, but was an independent contractor working for myself. This is important and comes into play later.

It was a Friday night, just got in the cab, signed on with my cab number and was dispatched from the yard to pick up a fare going from a few blocks away to the biggest mall in town. I thought it was going to be a good night. Man, was I wrong. After I dropped the lady off, I went to the cab stand in the parking lot, no one was there. That never happens at that stand. This was my lucky day!! Enter Really Sucky Robber.

He walks up to me, he's maybe 17, 6' tall, baggy jeans hanging off his ass, underwear showing, multi-colored shirt. He says Hey, I return the greeting and ask him where he needs to go. He tells me to give him all my money. I tell him to come get it. He does, using what I think was an 12 inch piece of ½ inch rebar he pulled out of one of his pockets. He hit me in the arm then over the head. I didn't black out, but he got the money, about $24.00, and ran toward the mall, to blend in with all of the other 17 year old kids with multi-colored shirts and their underwear showing above pants hanging of their asses. I got a massive headache, a scar that I still carry today because the hair doesn't grow in the area of the scar. I call dispatch, they call the PD and ambulance, mall security shows up and very soon I'm surrounded by people from every agency in Tucson including a couple cabbies who were close by when I called for help.

The cab supervisor shows up with another driver to take the cab back to the yard, I get a ride to the local hospital to get 48 stitches (10 on my arm and 38 on my head) and a really funky haircut. Luckily he didn't break anything. My dad used to tell me I had a hard head. I guess he was right. I was released a few hours later, called the cab company for a ride back to the yard. When I get there, I was informed that even though I had just gotten my head bashed in and robbed, I STILL HAD TO PAY THE LEASE ON THE CAB!! In the contract, in the small print, it stipulates that there is only one reason not to have to pay the lease and that was if the cab broke down, and even that was pro-rated.

I never went back, nor did I pay the lease, nor was the asshat that robbed me ever caught. My bill for the treatment for my arm and head, including the ambulance ride? $1,450.00. I never paid that either. I never got a bill.
                    Last edited by bigjimaz; 05-13-2007, 06:21 AM.
                    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Where's Reverend Jim when you need him?
                      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Oh...My...God... What the blazes was her problem? I could hardly understand her. She was scaring the cat over here.

Comment

Sadly I click the link and it wont play for me. Could someone PM me the jist of what was said?
                          I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

...this woman sounds very familiar.

Does anyone else watch those "World's Wildest Police Chase" shows? There's one woman who gets pulled over because her baby isn't in a car seat, and when the police pull her over, she flips out exactly like this...and she sounds JUST like that woman, with the same sort of accent and everything. I'm trying to find a video clip of it on YouTube but so far, no luck.
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I've seen it. I think she's driving one of those 4WD late 80's Honda Civics. If I were the cop, I would have called Child Protective Services and arrested her. I love it when the woman says that her kid is belted in and the kids head pops up in the back seat. Some people shouldn't be able to have children by law.
                              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X