X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mid-point of Phase II has begun

Relevant thread(s)
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=115635

Finally got the paperwork back from the estate lawyer and all looks in order. Going to see the Bank Loan Officer on Thursday and I expect no real problems

Now I have a hypothetical tax question: Now that I will have a mortgage I should be able to Itemize my Federal Tax Return and deduct the mortgage interest and

I "should" be able to also claim part of my vehicle expenses (using the IRS suggested per mile rate subtracting off what my company reimburses me for my vehicle use).

This will be VERY new to me as I have never had to deal with more than just a simple tax return up to now

MAN am I having great anxiety right now as this is literally the biggest gamble I have ever done in my life.

Hopefully I can close around Thanksgiving (either right before or after)
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Talk to a tax pro in person about all of this; bring every receipt you have that could possibly be deductible, and store them neatly (divided by type) in the meantime. Keep in mind that Itemization will not be worth it unless what you can get back by doing so is greater than the Standard Deduction. You may even wish to go by an office for such a pro now, and ask them for a basic list of the sorts of things they want you to keep track of; ask if they'd be willing to do an initial consult (say, 15 minutes) cheaply or maybe for free, on the condition that you come to them when the time comes to get your taxes done?

For vehicle Mileage: Just use your cellphone to snap a photo of your odometer for trips that are long enough to be counted. Turn on any overlay that shows the current date. At the very least, Take one shot every few days and keep a detailed journal on paper every time you get ready to start the car for relevant trips (meaning, generally, 100% work-related).
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X