Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The smell of not tobacco..... (update)

Not sure if anyone remembers this thread about my annoying neighbours http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=113084

I have good news though. They are finally leaving. They have given our shared agent notice that they will be leaving on xmas eve. Best present ever!

It has been 12 months of stinky stairwells, constantly having to shut balcony doors and windows and stupid loud parties.

The real estate agent would have evicted them a couple of months ago, except one of their guests had broken a heavy glass security door and the agent wanted them to finish paying off the debt before evicting them.

The people in both apartments on the landing below us and on the other side of them have been complaining about the noise. The people below us both have young children and must have been pretty sick of the constant loud (shitty) music.

I now feel sorry for the poor owner because it's going to take a major clean up to get rid of that smell. And I hope they keep every last cent of the bond to pay for it all.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Yep, that is an AWESOME Christmas gift! Too bad you can't hand them little bows to wear as they walk out the door for the last time!

I hope the owner can get the money back for the cleanup, but ... I hope his next mortgage payment isn't dependent on that. People like that aren't usually very good about repaying for damages.

I'm pretty sure that somebody somewhere on this site (that's not general at ALL, is it ) once posted about how to "bounce back" (or something like that) annoyingly loud music. It involved some not-too-expensive electronics and IIRC one of the items was aimed at the wall between yourself and the noisemakers. Can't remember what it did but supposedly it would cause them to reconsider the high volume of their "entertainment." And unlike their racket, there wasn't any way this could be traced back to you.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Well, years ago when we had a stupid kid next door who would play loud extremely annoying hip hop shit in the yard, we stuck a radio in the window, tuned to the polka station, and turned it even louder.

It worked
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Congrats on the good news!

Regarding bouncing sound back, this won't have worked for you being in an apartment. My neighbor (when I was living with mum) was a fan of F1 racing. late at night. Loudly. And we had a shared wall. Got home at 1am to mum still awake once. Knocked on the door and the neighbor never answered, but did turn things off.

Next time it happened I waited till morning (When they'd still be sleeping after a late race watching session), put a Rammstein CD in the Surround sound system, turned on the Bass boost, hit play and walked out of the house for an hour. Came back, turned it off, moved everything back into place that the Bass had vibrated around. Never had sound problems again from them.
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Extra update.

Last week the agent finally did the inspection only a full month after the tenants moved out. Except they had to call a locksmith to get in.

I was at home and totally not listening from my apartment to the agent and the locksmith. When they finally got the door open the exclamations of disgust regarding the smell were pretty loud.

It's summer here and the apartment was full of dope smoke fairly often and the smell has staled while it's been closed up. I really hope the ex-neighbours miss out on their whole bond because It's going to take a lot of cleaning to get rid of that smell.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Had to call a locksmith? Sounds like the idiots didn't return their keys when they left (and must have changed the locks without permission - either that or the landlord is a bigger idiot and gave them the only copy of the key when they rented the place).
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Most likely changed locks without permission (after all cannabis is not cheap) as most landlords order locks in bulk with a master key.
              I have no doubt that the cleaning will eat up all of a security deposit, especially if changing (not just cleaning) the carpet becomes necessary. Even with tobacco smoking, repainting the walls is typically necessary.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

my old apt complex changed them after everyone who lived in one incase extra keys had in fact been made

Comment

Two of my brother's pitties counter-surfed 8 power muffins that he'd just baked yesterday...

Today, recuperated, they're looking at him, "Daddy, we ain't never gonna trust your cookin' again!"
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

*googles Power Muffins* ...What was the problem? Too much fibre in a short space of time?

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                      *googles Power Muffins* ...What was the problem? Too much fibre in a short space of time?
                      Colorado. Too much weed.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

None of the Google recipes mentioned THAT...

Comment

Well today there was a much better smell coming from the apartment - fresh paint.

All yesterday it sounded like they were vacuuming and steaming the carpets.

Comment

I hope they don't rent to assholes this time.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                            X